1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Luthier

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by angloasturian, Oct 22, 2010.

1. angloasturian

angloasturian Mu-43 Veteran

Yesterday afternoon I went to Colunga with one of my best friends. Colunga is a small town about 80km east along the coast and the trip was to order a bagpipe for his son as a Christmas present. The ‘luthier’ was much younger than I expected and was very outgoing and instructive, although I was completely lost when they started to talk about the finer musical points. Amazingly, he admitted that he couldn’t actually play a bagpipe although he could tune them and seemed to know everything about the differences between a Scottish, Galician and French version.
    This is his shop and workshop. We had to step over the dog to get in as he didn't seem inclined to move.

[​IMG]

They looked at different woods

Colunga_29.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

and coverings

[​IMG]

Tomás admired a bagpipe made of ebony

Colunga_15.JPG

The luthier displayed drums and a tambourine made by a friend

Colunga_26.jpg

This is his work area at the back

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All in all a very interesting visit

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.