Lupine Explosion

Kalifornier

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Lupines are blanketing the areas around Folsom Lake. Here are a few images from a morning visit. All pics/panoramas taken with E-PL7/Lumix 20 1.7 II combo. It was frustrating to watch people trample wildflowers for their dumb selfies and/or kid portraits as well as 'professional' photogs doing model shoots and dragging all their gear on the flowers.

P4240283-Pano-Edit-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P4240515-Pano-Edit-Edit-2.jpg

P4240504-Pano-Edit-Edit-2.jpg

P4240364-Pano-Edit-Edit.jpg

P4240453-Pano-Edit-Edit.jpg

P4240496-Pano-Edit-Edit.jpg

Last edited:

grcolts

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Gary
A very nice series of lupines and landscape. I know what you mean about insensitive people tromping through delicate areas. Unfortunately, some folks only are out for themselves.

itisasitis

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Henrik
Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore, riding through the night...

And yes, it disgusts me to see people walk all over nature without care or for selfish motives. We don't own the planet and we are not above any other species.

Ghostbuggy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Phill
Wow, so many! That's pretty impressive. A shame though, that people once again are so insensitive with their actions, it happens so often in so many places. It's also a shame that parents don't set a good example for their children.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
Lupines are blanketing the areas around Folsom Lake. Here are a few images from a morning visit. All pics/panoramas taken with E-PL7/Lumix 20 1.7 II combo. It was frustrating to watch people trample wildflowers for their dumb selfies and/or kid portraits as well as 'professional' photogs doing model shoots and dragging all their gear on the flowers.

View attachment 885344
View attachment 885346
View attachment 885347
View attachment 885348
View attachment 885349
View attachment 885351
Very beautiful pictures indeed. It breaks my heart the default state of humanity, and it all starts with not setting a good example and instead of doing stuff on self interest only, no thought for consequences.
While it’s impossible to be in nature without some life or damage sacrificed for wildlife, animal or plant, no one should go out of their way to damage or destroy beauty to spare themselves a few seconds and a bit of extra effort to be careful.
“What you do for yourself does with you, what you do for others live’s on forever” ... be it animals, plants or other people.
Amazing photos, but I was expecting this thread to be a complaint about the number of posts from @L0n3Gr3yW0lf ;)
Wait ... wasn’t that back in the late 2000s when data was so precious that looking at pictures online turned everyone into Gollum?
... I just throwing pretty pictures out there (*makes puppy eyes*):

itisasitis

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Henrik
Let's be mindful of all living beings, not only those generally considered beautiful in our eyes or that serve us a certain purpose.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
Hi Ovidio,
I was referring to your duplicated post mate. :laugh:
I'm alway happy to see your photos, no matter how many you show. :thumbup:
Sorry, ma bad ... I didn't notice the post was duplicated, shady 3G connection off iPhone through Chrome browser ... I swear I am blaming it on tech :p

May I just make one point as I noticed this is the 2nd time you spelled it this way, my full name is Ovidiu ... I only mention this because I have been tortured for the past 4 1/2 years of people spelling my name every single way but mine ... though I did love the one when it was said Obi (my brain was like:)

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
Hi Ovidiu,
my apologies.
I know how to spell your name but the damned spellchecker alters it every time, even though I correct it several times during a post.
My surname is invariably misspelt and and I know how annoying it can be, probably even more so with a Christian name, especially when that leads to mispronunciation also.
I promise to be even more careful in future.

Anyway, I think we should get back on track and let people carry on enthusing about the flowers and complaining of human nature trampling over mother nature. :flowers_2:

Kalifornier

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Thank you all for your kind word. @Brodhall that is very interesting. I didn’t know some lupine species being invasive in other parts. I’ll choose monarch butterflies/milkweed any day over lupines.

The Electric Squirrel

Mu-43 Regular
In Finland lupines are considered invasive, even though they've been here for a couple of centuries. But they've been brought here originally by people wanting them in their gardens. And they're about at the height of their bloom right now. These pictures gave me inspiration on what to shoot next. And I thank thee for that!

But yeah, people can be quite inconsiderate, and methinks some forms of social media are quite good at bringing that out. I read somewhere, that lavender fields in france are trampled by these selfie people, and some even pick the flowers from the field for their five seconds of glory in Instagram or whatnot. Surprisingly the farmers aren't too happy about this.

Latest threads

Top Bottom