Lunchtime Sushi

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by kevinparis, Sep 12, 2015.

1. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    not shot micro 4/3... but on a Oly TG4 that my other half just bought.

really just mucking about with the video and the art filters over lunch, but found I had enough bits to tell a wee story ... so an hour with iMovie and I got this

• Like Like x 2
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    I like your isolation of particular motions. It reminds me of a sushi place in San Francisco where the food just circulation of little boats in water and you paid for how many plates you grabbed.
  3. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    thanks steve

This was by no means a pre planned shoot!. I was just mucking about with the camera, seeing what it could do. I was consciously getting as many shots as I could with the vague idea of doing something.

When I downloaded the footage I began to see that there were elements that could tell the story of ordering and eating my sushi, so I dived into iMovie (I normally use Final Cut) and started editing.

This involved trimming down the clips, and placing them roughly in a timeline, further trimming the shots there, changing the order and rejecting some shots. The end result is 18 shots in the timeline, taking a total of 50 odd seconds.

The soundtrack is one of the ones that comes with iMovie, it had a slight oriental feel that seemed appropriate. I kept the original audio form the location, which seemed to cut well as it was a constant hubub with occasional voacls from me and my partner.

In the end it was 5 minutes of shooting, followed by maybe an hour editing and up loading.

I like doing little exercises like this, I really enjoy the editing aspect, and its something that is worth trying if you have video in your camera