Lumix GX1 hack?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by jcr20190, Feb 4, 2013.

1. jcr20190

jcr20190 New to Mu-43

Feb 4, 2013
    hi, im new here, some months ago i´ve read about a hack for the gx1 but there was no much information, i tried to find more about it but didnt found enough information, the main interest i have for doing the hack is using high iso on video, can the gx1 hack make it like the gh1?

2. mgear

mgear Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 1, 2013
    Eustis, Fl
    Sean Matt
    Yes, there is a hack.

You can get it here

The quality of the hack depends on what SD card you have.

I use Sanity 5.1 on my Lumix G3.

Once you load the firmware into PTool, click "A" on the bottom of PTool and add the Sanity file that you get.

The reason I choose Sanity is because it's great quality and it works with a large selection of SD cards.

3. showtime1019

showtime1019 New to Mu-43

Dec 16, 2011
    GX1 Video Hack... I don't see a difference...

I was hoping that the Sanity 5.1 Hack would make a difference in image quality... i.e. no blocky mud.

Did you see a difference.

I have done several out door tests using... multiple settings but I see no difference... I suppose if it was a game changer that everybody would be talking about it, especially since the GX1 is under $300. Also I can't record in MP4 even with a card that writes 95mb/s...

Please let me know your experience with the hack. Good? Bad? Nothing? What settings did you use?

I also tried cake, but that didn't even let me see the files on or off the computer.