Lumix GM1 + 14-42EZ

Saledolce

Mu-43 All-Pro
I found a used GM1 at an apparently reasonable price. Is it fully compatible with O14-42EZ?

I know this camera is more commonly used with P12-32 pancake, but I own the Oly one and nobody on the internet seems to have tested how they work together...

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
I'm sure they'll work fine together - they are after all u43 (but disclaimer - I've never tested it). I have used the 12-32 on lots of Olympus bodies though without problem.

Saledolce

Mu-43 All-Pro
Ok, GM1 is gone. I'll have plenty of time if they would have worked together:)

Electronic Zoom, and more importantly: is a Pana body going to give the lens the impulse to extend at powerup?

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
micro 4/3 lenses conform to a standard. The lens will work on any micro 4/3 camera.

That's an ideal, unfortunately in execution it's not completely true. I know of at least one M43 lens that will physically not mount on some Olympus cameras. Various other lenses have compatibility problems ranging from AF to fringing to banding when using it on another manufacturers body.

tkbslc

Mu-43 Legend
That's an ideal, unfortunately in execution it's not completely true. I know of at least one M43 lens that will physically not mount on some Olympus cameras. Various other lenses have compatibility problems ranging from AF to fringing to banding when using it on another manufacturers body.

Which lens will not mount on Olympus cameras?

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
I'm not sure the Mitakon 25mm is a m4/3 standard compliant lens... it physically fits most bodies but did they adhere to the dimensions set out by the standard? Are Mitakon even part of the consortium?

Latest threads

Top Bottom