Lumix GF3

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by spangler, Mar 5, 2012.

1. spangler

spangler Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 12, 2011
    Buckinghamshire UK
    Andrew Heelis
    Has this been discontinued, I note that it is being offered on the Lumix club website at £249 with 14mm lens and Lightroom 3 whilst at Focus on Imaging 2012 it is being sold for £199 with kit zoom! Is a replacement in the pipeline?

2. RR76

RR76 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2011
    South Wales UK
    Missed that offer by a couple of weeks. Was pretty happy paying £299 for the gf3 & 14mm but £50 off & a free copy of lightroom would have been nice.
  3. Sam0912

Sam0912 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2012
    Didn't Panasonic recently say they were restructuring the G lines? They talk of a "very high level" model, probably GH, maybe GH with GX as a mid range. I think maybe if they put an EVF into GX2, match the pro features of the OMD
    In the GH, then maybe there won't be space for G line AND GF line??

I'd say GH3 will be all singing and dancing, GF4 will follow - super small and easy to use, all touch
    Control maybe, with a flip out screen? Then an updated Gx with an EVF.

I hope the last one happens, then I may upgrade my GF1.
  4. foto2021

foto2021 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    SE England
    UK retail sales are down across the whole sector, not just photograpic, and there are all kinds of bargains on offer. Panasonic is keeping up with other manufacturers who are also making special offers.

As someone who is involved in retail, what I find frustrating is when manufacturers make special offers direct to consumers and bypass the retailers. The price offered direct to the consumer is often significantly lower than the wholesale price to the retailer.

If this continues, there won't be any retailers left. Not everyone wants to buy online.

5. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    There are rumors of a GF4 later this year, but I don't think I've seen any official indication the 3 is being discontinued.