LUMIX G70 RAW Converter for Mac (G70: G7 in Germany)

JoFT

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Johannes
Who has experience with the G7 and Aperture? Does it work?

Who has the G70 and RAW can be processed with Aperture?

I do like my Lumix G70 in terms of Handling etc. I process my photos in the Mac - and my main application is Aperture the central tool for everything: RAW-Development, Upload to my website (www.delight-photo.biz), structuring to intelligent albums, Photobooks etc.

To use RAW files in Aperture is essential for me. The G7 was included in Apple´s Camera RAW update 6.05. But the German G70 not. I contacted Panasonic in Germany and there answer was pretty harsh:

Bezug nehmend auf Ihre Anfrage teilen wir Ihnen mit, dass Sie die
RAW-Bilder an einem Computer mit Windows Betriebssystem mit der im
Lieferumfang befindlichen Software SILKYPIX Developer Studio 4.3 SE
bearbeiten können.

Die Bearbeitung mit Fremdsoftware können wir Ihnen jedoch nicht
garantieren.
Sorry: it´s in German it says: You can use Silkypix on the PC - anything else is your problem.. I find this answer pretty upsetting!

JoFT

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Johannes
It is nice If you can find the solution yourself... It is pretty simple: take an EXIF-Editing tool like "EXIF EDITOR" from the Mac Appstore, change the Camera name from G70 to G7 - and everything is fine...

Wasabi Bob

Mu-43 All-Pro
Had someone translate it for me. Basically, they can't guarantee the end result when you use other software. We can't expect a manufacturer to support third party independent software. Wasn't Aperture dropped and Apple suggested using LR? I might be wrong, I'm a Windows user.

Latest threads

Top Bottom