Lumix G3 - C1 and C2 settings

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Alexandro, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Alexandro

Alexandro New to Mu-43

Mar 18, 2012
    I have trouble in configuring the C1 and C2 customer settings.

On other bodies it's quite simple, but on the G3 it isn't, and the manual doesn't help at all as I followed the instructions there.

This is how I try to configure C1:

I want C1 to always be in bracket mode, so I set the camera to A mode, select a 3:1 bracketing and other main menu features and then I save those settings through Select [CUST. SET MEM.] in the [CUSTOM] menu, and select C1.

I expect that if I change the mode C1 to any thing like A, P, M, S ... and there changing setting for a specific shoot, when a select again C1, I would find back the bracketing settings saved earlier. NOT AT ALL.

C1 doesn't go back to Bracketing but only to what's at that moment the settings! This is not what I expect to be Customer settings ! Maybe I'm wrong in understanding Panasonic's meaning of C1 and C2 settings.

Can someone explain me what C1-C2 stands for, and show me step by step how to configure these Cx settings.
  2. Kevin

Kevin Mu-43 Regular

Aug 25, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    It seems you cannot save bracket mode in a custom setting, it will always revert back to whatever shot mode you are in. You can save any other settings in the custom mode but for some reason bracketing can't be.

Here is another thread with some info:

I wish Panasonic would allow shot mode settings to be saved in the custom slots.
  3. Alexandro

Alexandro New to Mu-43

Mar 18, 2012
    Thanks Kevin, It's a lack.