Lumix G X Vario 12-35mm f/2.8 Zoom Lens

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by GBarrington, Feb 2, 2015.

1. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Veteran

It looks fairly decent and not TOO pricey; I've seen some rebates, sales, and such. Does anyone know if there are any quirks or 'gotchas' when using this lens on an OMD E-M10? Now that I'm comfortable with m43s and the OMD line, I'm looking to slowly replace my 4/3s lenses (particularly my 14-54 Mk1) with equivalent quality native lenses. This looks like it might be a good candidate.
  2. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    Love this lens. Borrowed it for a two weeks trip in 2012 and bought right afterwards - no regrets.
    I had it on EPL3, EPL5, EP5 and now on EM10 - nothing special in handling that I could mention.
    IMO, regardless of lens, EM10 will benefit from any sort of grip - I make my own ones
  3. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
  4. ahinesdesign

ahinesdesign Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2011
    NC, USA
    Its a great lens, feels much smaller than the 12-40mm, and balances better in use. Should be a good match for the EM10. The 12-35's rubbery zoom grip is much better than the knurled aluminum of the 12-40. The OIS isn't quite as effective as the 5-axis IBIS on the EM5; I have not used an EM10, so I'm not sure how it compares to the 3-axis IBIS...
  5. bluzcity

bluzcity Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Love mine, use it on EM 5.
  6. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    +1. Price is now much better compared to initital release...
    From my vacation in Turkey, em5+12-35mm:

7. gravijaflare

gravijaflare Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2014
    A planet called Gaia
    just check though from time to time if some fine dust or particles appear on the rear and/or front lens elements. my previous copy did have after some time and though it does not affect image quality, it's still good to know you have a "clean" copy. :)