Lumix G X Vario 12-35mm f/2.8 Zoom Lens

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by GBarrington, Feb 2, 2015.

1. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Top Veteran

It looks fairly decent and not TOO pricey; I've seen some rebates, sales, and such. Does anyone know if there are any quirks or 'gotchas' when using this lens on an OMD E-M10? Now that I'm comfortable with m43s and the OMD line, I'm looking to slowly replace my 4/3s lenses (particularly my 14-54 Mk1) with equivalent quality native lenses. This looks like it might be a good candidate.

2. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    Love this lens. Borrowed it for a two weeks trip in 2012 and bought right afterwards - no regrets.
    I had it on EPL3, EPL5, EP5 and now on EM10 - nothing special in handling that I could mention.
    IMO, regardless of lens, EM10 will benefit from any sort of grip - I make my own ones

3. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    It is my favourite in the m43 native zooms. It is sharper at the long end than the 12-40 and feels light mounted. My take on the various zooms:

https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=68705

4. ahinesdesign

ahinesdesign Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Dec 6, 2011
    NC, USA
    Aaron
    Its a great lens, feels much smaller than the 12-40mm, and balances better in use. Should be a good match for the EM10. The 12-35's rubbery zoom grip is much better than the knurled aluminum of the 12-40. The OIS isn't quite as effective as the 5-axis IBIS on the EM5; I have not used an EM10, so I'm not sure how it compares to the 3-axis IBIS...

5. bluzcity

bluzcity Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Brent
    Love mine, use it on EM 5.

6. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    +1. Price is now much better compared to initital release...
    From my vacation in Turkey, em5+12-35mm:
    original.

original.

7. gravijaflare

gravijaflare Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2014
    A planet called Gaia
    just check though from time to time if some fine dust or particles appear on the rear and/or front lens elements. my previous copy did have after some time and though it does not affect image quality, it's still good to know you have a "clean" copy. :)