1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6.....images.

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Dave in Wales, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
  2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    You know, I like the look of the GM1. I might do a swap for my E-PL5 if the price is right (£300 body only is where I think it needs to be).

3. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    I'm looking forward to the lens being available.

4. Al.

Al. Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2010
    Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
    Alan
    Looks sharp enough to me , whats also interesting is the 1/16,000 shutter speed on the camera

5. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    This body right now is waaaaaay overpriced. I saw it (with the kit lens) on a Japanese site (Map Camera) for around $900 and I've seen the MSRP for the US being listed as $750...both astronomical for what you're getting. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a cool little camera and I'm constantly wanting to see more of it and I know it'll have great IQ thanks to the GX7 sensor/processor...but no IBIS, minimal controls, no EVF, no HD video, etc...the price is too steep.

6. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    If the price goes the way of most Panasonic cameras, it'll be half that within the year!

7. ApGfoo

ApGfoo Mu-43 Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    Bay Area
    How is this lens compared to the 14-42mm II?

8. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    I am counting on it. Maybe they will slash the price when the GM-2 is announced? That's the best time to buy a camera is when a newer model hits. I wonder if this little camera is a big seller what Olympus will do.

9. m43er

m43er Mu-43 Regular

Oct 6, 2011
    I assume the sky was overcast the whole time which is why the images are mostly flat.

Hope you can do some sample images at night as well.

10. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    Personally I feel the price point - US$750 - is pretty attractive especially considering it is a new camera/lens. If the lens is as good as it is supposed to be - 'best IQ' as well as 'smallest' for a kit lens - then US$350 for the lens alone is not unreasonable. That makes the camera US$400 which for what seems a nicely built, designed, tiny M43 with the latest sensor seems pretty ok to me also.

11. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    That's what I am thinking! When they start selling the body alone $400 is very reasonable and would be a great second kit. Keep the E-M5 with the two larger zooms and get some small, fast primes for the GM-1. Sounds like a good plan to me.