Lumix dmc G6 timelapse

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by Hardric, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Hardric

Hardric New to Mu-43

Jul 12, 2013
    Here is my first timelapse video with G6 (14-42 zuiko lens), filmed in little Slovakian city. Some scenes was shot with nikon d3100. Iam new in timelapse videography, so any advices will be usefull. Thanks

2. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Looks good, but you might want to try with a longer shutter speed, spechally when there is people walking so that you get motionblur on them and less stop motion.
    Most of the time lapse videographers I know use a shutter speed of 1 second.

But really good job, I liked it :)
  3. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Great work!

This is really great! May I ask what software you used to join the individual shots into the video file?
  4. Hardric

Hardric New to Mu-43

Jul 12, 2013
    Hi bob.

I shot all in raw, then edit it in lightroom 5 and export as 24fps timelapse. Then i merge all scenes in premiere pro 5.5
  5. Leeemma

Leeemma Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 16, 2013
    Really nice work. Looks worth for a film project.
  6. Liamness

Liamness Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Cool. I'm wondering how you triggered the camera, is there a built in intervalometer in the g6, or did you use some funky setup involving a phone or something? and I'm also curious as to whether you used the mechanical or electronic shutter.

I probably wouldn't shoot RAW for a timelapse. I probably wouldn't even shoot full-resolution, given that what you output is only going to have 1080 lines maximum. Even if you do shoot RAW next time, remember that you don't really need the full sharpness of your lenses for video, so it's okay to stop down massively if this lets you get longer shutter speeds (as others suggested, 1 sec could work well).
  7. Hardric

Hardric New to Mu-43

Jul 12, 2013
    Hi Liamness

G6 has a timelapse function. You can set interval manually. You can also set aspect ratio of photo to 16:9. I use RAW to brightend the shadows and darkened the sky. In JPEG are results worse.

Sorry for my English.