1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lumix 45-175mm news?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by tardegardo, Dec 17, 2012.

1. tardegardo

tardegardo Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2012
    Rome, Italy
    Hi,
    I am planning to buy this lens for my omd but read somewhere about the lens ois issue which interferes somehow with the camera producing some blurred shots at some speed. And there is no chance to turn off the lens ois.
    Is it true? Has the issue been addressed by Panasonic?

2. uci2ci

uci2ci Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sam
    It seems to be very rare on the OMD. I think im the only person who had the double image problem with the OMD on this forum. The only other instance of the issue that i could find was on a german forum. Id say get the lens

3. tardegardo

tardegardo Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2012
    Rome, Italy
    And do you manage it? You can't disable OIS on the lens, right?

4. uci2ci

uci2ci Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sam
    I returned it

5. chad

chad New to Mu-43

May 8, 2012
    New York
    Chad
    Ois off on Olympus

I believe the OIS defaults to off. I asked Panasonic about this and they pointed me to the manual on their website which says :

When using this lens with another make of digital cameras [i.e. Olympus] the optical image stabilizer function will not work

6. tardegardo

tardegardo Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2012
    Rome, Italy

Thank you Chad,
    but if the OIS turns off itself how do you explain then the notorious OIS issue with some Olympus cameras?

7. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    Even when the OIS is not active it is still connected to the lenses. It must not lock down enough to prevent vibration at certain speeds.

8. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Shutter-induced blur. The vibration from the shutter closing and opening is sufficient to cause blur at certain shutter speeds.

9. tardegardo

tardegardo Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2012
    Rome, Italy

Would you recommend this lens on an Om-d then?
    Have you tried it?

10. mauro

mauro Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2012
    near Venice, Italy
    Absolutely yes, buy it!
    In my opinion it is the best standard telephoto lens for micro4/3. Is the sharpest tele I ever tried on micro.
    Bear in mind that optically isn't the zuiko 50-200 but it's a very very good lens.
    On my OMD AF-S speed is fast and accurate, close to micro 45 f1.8 that is one of the faster micro lens.