1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lumix 35-100 f2.8 $1270 on Amazon from Japanese seller

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by brlowe, Jan 10, 2013.

1. brlowe

brlowe Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2011
    Boise, ID
    There is a reseller from Japan selling the 35-100 for $1270 on Amazon. Does anyone have any idea if it is safe to order from resellers like this thruough Amazon. No tax and shipping is not bad either. I found the Lens at McBain for $1299 but they will only sell to the US with a wire transfer no credit cards and between that and shipping it ends up costing $1400 or more. I would really like to keep the total brice under or around 1300.

2. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 21, 2012
    If its through Amazon I wouldn't worry. Just know that you wont have US warranty.

3. brlowe

brlowe Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2011
    Boise, ID
    I was think that about the warranty. At least it is down to $1398 on regular amazon so now it just needs to come down a little more. Tax puts it over $1500

4. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Also bear in mind, you're almost certainly going to get charged import/customs taxes buying in the U.S. I'm not saying it won't still be cheaper this way, just a heads up that you'll probably get a separate bill for those charges. I learned the hard way ordering from DigitalRev in H.K.

5. brlowe

brlowe Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2011
    Boise, ID
    I have the 45-175 right now so I will just wait for the price to come down a little.

6. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    I was just about to point that out. I think sometimes you can get lucky but you're right, people should be ready to likely have to pay for import tax.