Lumix 12-32mm Lens Problem

Shadetree

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Butch Oakey
The zoom ring on my Pany 12-32mm came loose so I removed it to see if it was a user friendly fix and so far it looks doable but the method has eluded me. Haven't been able to find any double sided tape that will work (all have been too thick) and have thought about JB Weld but don't really like the permanent thought of that although there are no plans to disassemble it in the future. Any ideas? Here are two pictures of the lens with my GF1.
PC202960.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
PC202975.JPG

Shadetree

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Butch Oakey
The double-sided tape that the local stores have in stock have been too thick by quite a bit but maybe there is something out there....

davidzvi

Real Name
David
There have been a few threads about over the years. Double sided tape or use a drop of glue has been what most people do. The lenses are pretty cheap and common that many don't worry about a drop of glue being "permanent".

The plastic mount version of the lens seems to have fewer issues than the mental mount, the plastic seems to require less force to mount.

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
There have been a few threads about over the years. Double sided tape or use a drop of glue has been what most people do. The lenses are pretty cheap and common that many don't worry about a drop of glue being "permanent".

The plastic mount version of the lens seems to have fewer issues than the mental mount, the plastic seems to require less force to mount.
One of those threads mentioned a variety of fixes IIRC. And I do not recall anybody complaining afterwards. Worth a search if you have the time.

--Ken

Shadetree

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Butch Oakey

Thanks for the tip, may give that a try but might look at the double-sided tape that they say will work. What kind of glue did most people use? It originally had some kind of double-sided tape and that would be the preferred fix but finding some that thin has been rather impossible so far.

Shadetree

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Butch Oakey
One of those threads mentioned a variety of fixes IIRC. And I do not recall anybody complaining afterwards. Worth a search if you have the time.

--Ken
Thanks, did a search before doing this post but came up empty. Will go back and try again.

Shadetree

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Butch Oakey
I found Sellotape double sided tape worked for me. This was 12mm wide and came from a stationary outlet.
Sellotape Double Sided Tape 12mm x 33m Clear.
Thanks, do you remember where you found it? Sounds like it will do the job since something like that was on it originally. Contacted Panasonic through their website but never got a reply so I decided to try to fix it myself.

djtaylor7

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David
Thanks, do you remember where you found it? Sounds like it will do the job since something like that was on it originally. Contacted Panasonic through their website but never got a reply so I decided to try to fix it myself.
It was Warehouse Stationary, but as they are in New Zealand a bit far for you to come.

Real Name
Chris
I fixed my 40-150 pro lens hood with JB-Weld. Agree that it is permanent but in this case, that is a good thing. IMO, a careful application of JB Weld to the correct (and safe) spots would be a great solution.

Osiris1956

New to Mu-43
It would help if there was something to hold on when changing lens. One ends up putting unnecessary wear
on focus ring as well. Something like this on bottom near mount would make things better

GripA.JPG

Latest threads

Top Bottom