1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lumix 12-32mm Lens Problem

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Shadetree, May 25, 2019.

1. Shadetree

Shadetree Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Butch
    The zoom ring on my Pany 12-32mm came loose so I removed it to see if it was a user friendly fix and so far it looks doable but the method has eluded me. Haven't been able to find any double sided tape that will work (all have been too thick) and have thought about JB Weld but don't really like the permanent thought of that although there are no plans to disassemble it in the future. Any ideas? Here are two pictures of the lens with my GF1.
    PC202960.JPG
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    PC202975.JPG
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Double-sided clear Scotch tape is too thick? Maybe a half drop of kids school glue. Non-pwrmanent. I can't think of anything thinner than the double sided Scotch tape, sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shadetree

Jun 1, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Butch
    The double-sided tape that the local stores have in stock have been too thick by quite a bit but maybe there is something out there....

4. davidzvi

davidzvi Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    There have been a few threads about over the years. Double sided tape or use a drop of glue has been what most people do. The lenses are pretty cheap and common that many don't worry about a drop of glue being "permanent".

The plastic mount version of the lens seems to have fewer issues than the mental mount, the plastic seems to require less force to mount.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. djtaylor7

djtaylor7 Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Nelson, NZ
    David
  6. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    One of those threads mentioned a variety of fixes IIRC. And I do not recall anybody complaining afterwards. Worth a search if you have the time.

--Ken

7. Shadetree

Jun 1, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Butch
    Thanks for the tip, may give that a try but might look at the double-sided tape that they say will work. What kind of glue did most people use? It originally had some kind of double-sided tape and that would be the preferred fix but finding some that thin has been rather impossible so far.

8. Shadetree

Jun 1, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Butch
    Thanks, did a search before doing this post but came up empty. Will go back and try again.

9. Shadetree

Jun 1, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Butch
    Thanks, do you remember where you found it? Sounds like it will do the job since something like that was on it originally. Contacted Panasonic through their website but never got a reply so I decided to try to fix it myself.

10. Hobby Lobby. Micheals. Art supply shops.

11. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
  12. djtaylor7

djtaylor7 Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Nelson, NZ
    David
    It was Warehouse Stationary, but as they are in New Zealand a bit far for you to come.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Shadetree

Jun 1, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Butch
    Thanks, haven't tried them yet but will for sure.

14. WRay

WRay Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

May 23, 2012
    Riverside, California
    Ray
    The tape is available on Amazon!

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. davidzvi

davidzvi Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Shadetree

Jun 1, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Butch
    Thanks, looked at that but what I found was UK but will go back and search so more...

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  17. Chris5107

Chris5107 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 28, 2011
    USA
    Chris
    I fixed my 40-150 pro lens hood with JB-Weld. Agree that it is permanent but in this case, that is a good thing. IMO, a careful application of JB Weld to the correct (and safe) spots would be a great solution.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.