Luminar 3 $20 digital only Best Buy

rusteel

Mu-43 Regular
Flash sale...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Last edited:
Here is the link for anyone interested...
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=Luminar&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Looks like it is only $12.00
Anyone every used this SW package before to edit their photos? Looks interesting but then they ALL look great in their promotional site.
Couldn't resist for only $12 thanks.
I had tried the trial a year ago after a favorable review from Micro Four Nerds but because I was so used to LR, I decided not to purchase but for $12 I couldn't say no. I'll give it a good try this time around and if it works out, I can cancel my LR subscription.

Lawrence Beck

Mu-43 Regular
For those who own Luminar2018: Luminar 3 is a free upgrade. I googled "Luminar 2018 vs Luminar 3" and found a Skylum Support blog. A Skylum Team Member named Angela Andrieux wrote:

Angela Andrieux
  • 1 month ago
"You'll need to download/install Luminar 3. It is a free upgrade for all Luminar 2018 users and can be found in the My Software section of your Skylum account. If you need help installing or have any other questions please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to help."

So if you already own Luminar 2018 your upgrade is free.

So I know the $4 ones on ebay are fraudulent but I'm not sure how since I'm sure the product activates. I'm guessing they are just stolen keys somehow. I wonder how the scam works.
I saw those ebay keys as well and even though the sellers have 100% feedback, they are low feedback numbers, not even with 100 feedback.

I know back in the early 2000's there were key generators for things like windows and I'm sure there probably are today and they will activate but what happens if and when the company finds out their keys were used by a generator which means they were stolen/acquired illegally. I'm sure we the buyers would pay the consequences.

So why cheap out on a few bucks for the sketchy ebay key route when you can buy the full legit version from an authorized seller for $12? That's cheaper than eating at a sit down restaurant.

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 23yrs ago
How do you know the keys are fraudulent? Would ebay really allow piracy and wouldn't the owners of the products have taken out a law suite by now? The sellers state that they are legit which I would hazard a guess puts the buyer in the clear? Companies like ebay and amazon selling pirated goods?

Real Name
Richard
How do you know the keys are fraudulent? Would ebay really allow piracy and wouldn't the owners of the products have taken out a law suite by now? The sellers state that they are legit which I would hazard a guess puts the buyer in the clear? Companies like ebay and amazon selling pirated goods?
Ebay do not proactively remove dodgy software adverts. They rely on rights owner reports through the VERO system and also upon buyer complaints. Their fallback position is that they are 'just a venue'.

As RichardC stated, ebay is just a marketplace. And even though they won't officially allow things like pirated goods, they don't police listings. They leave that up to us the buyers to find out, get screwed and report. They have their buyer protection system in place which helps the buyer in many situations but it only works after the fact, it's not proactive.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom