Lumbar / Waist / Hip / Bum bag roundup

Danny_SWE

Mu-43 All-Pro
I thought I should post this now, have used my Lowepro M-Trekker HP120 alot when biking. It is well suited for that actually. Yesterday I was on a MTB ride that offered various conditions, some exciting ruffy parts and some lower paced. It sits very good. If you have the right belt tension you can just swing it around to access the camera and grab a shot and then swing it back, and it even sits good when riding.

Here on pic combined with a smaller backpack (a bigger normal sized is not good because they interfere). I have started to use he PL 8-18 alot and I had that lens on the E-M5, without hood. And you can still fit a smaller lens like the small 35-100 or even the 40-150R beside.

More info in older post in another thread: https://www.mu-43.com/threads/bags-and-more-bags.593/post-1409732

Kinnekulle 210909 (2).jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_9090744.jpg

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I liked the original Think Tank Hubba Hubba Hiney. They're on version 3 now. Good around the waist or on the shoulder. Hubba Hubba at Adorama

1631327438607.png

photo from Adorama's website

exakta

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Another Hubba Hubba Hiney user.

One very nice feature is you can use it with the belt (actually an optional purchase), or the shoulder strap (included) or both. Another feature is a rain cover hidden in a zippered pocket on the bottom of the bag. The cover is tethered so you can't lose it. The belt has enough hooks that some other Think Tank accessories can be mounted since the bag is so small.

Currently, it's the only bag I own. I can fit my E-M10 with lens mounted, plus one of two more lenses, spare battery, filters and some other small items. On a bike trip from the US to Canada, I was able to get my passport, wallet, maps, keys and snack bars in there.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
On shoots where I need access to my lenses, I attach lens cases to a duty belt with suspenders.
The suspender is so that I do not have to make the belt TIGHT on my waist. Bad back does not like TIGHT belts.​
If one does not have prominent hips, it is hard to hold up the belt without making it TIGHT.​

The lens cases are kinda easy to access, one for each lens I am using, including the lens on the camera.
  • Lens comes off the camera, rear cap on, then into its case.
  • Next lens, comes out of its case, rear cap off, and onto the camera.
I could attach a pouch to the belt for "stuff."

For carrying stuff in a less active manner, or to/from a shoot, I just use a shoulder bag.
I too have not found a good carry that I like.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom