1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Luckypenguin is new Mu-43 Super Moderator

Discussion in 'Site information' started by Amin Sabet, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I am very pleased to announce that Luckypenguin has accepted our invitation to join the moderator team.

Nic has contributed immensely to the forums over the past 6 months, and we feel very fortunate to have him with us on the moderator team. Please join us in welcoming him to his new position as a Super Moderator here at Mu-43.com :drinks:.

• Like Like x 9
  2. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Welcome to the new super-mod !

Cheers,

• Like Like x 1
  3. RonSmith

RonSmith Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 7, 2010
    Michigan
    Excellent news! Congrats and thanks Nic. :thumbup:
    I need all the moderating I can get.

• Like Like x 1
  4. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Hi Nic,
    The very best to you in your new role on the forum, I will refrain from mentioning shoe sizes, that seems to have been a little bit of a problem recently, that's from one who takes UK size 12, continental size 47, so big!

Barrie

• Like Like x 1
  5. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Nic... Excellent. Thank you for taking this on. The forum is most worthy of it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

That's great, congratulation! :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    For some reason I am reminded of my first day at boot camp when group came running by, looked at us newcomers and started chanting "fresh meat, fresh meat ...".

Congrats Nic!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Nic, congrats on the pay raise. Have fun storming the castle.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Congrats Nic

Hi Nic,

Congratulations and welcome aboard!

It's nice to have the company too.....:thumbup:

Alan...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hi everyone,

Thanks for the well wishes. I was somewhat surprised when Amin approached me about taking the vacant moderator position but it's hard to say no to the guy who started this great forum. He made it sound like a very easy job too, although I'm certain there's a punchline to that which I will most likely discover before too long! It is somewhat unfortunate that it was Don (Streetshooter) who held the moderator position until just recently, and I certainly don't consider myself to be his replacement. Don has image-making flowing through his veins and I would need some kind transfusion to have but a fraction of that.

This forum has been a great place to hang out during the time that I have been an active member and before then a lurker. It is what it is thanks to the founders and former admins like Amin, Brian, BB, and Don, and because of all of the members both old and new that I have gotten to know along the way.

While I have my five seconds of fame I'd like to say that I see mu-43.com as primarily a photography forum with a common link in the gear that we use. Certainly my favourite parts of the forum are the image threads, the discussions on technique, philosophy, etc, all of which have been a great source of knowledge and inspiration for me and has hopefully made me a better photographer.

Hopefully I can just continue to do what I have been doing on the forum up until now, that mostly being posting images and giving bad advice. Can I suggest that if anyone is up for a bit of mischief there is a great site across the hall at seriouscompacts. I hear the new mods there love a bit of trouble :smile:

Thanks,

• Like Like x 9
  11. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations, Nic! Your kindness, diplomacy, creativity and love of photography will stand you in good stead here as a Super Moderator. Three cheers!:drinks:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Nic,

Congrats. I know you and Alan will do a fantastic job.

Jason

• Like Like x 2
  13. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Congratulations Nic - you will do just great, and nice to see the sothern hemisphere represented.

• Like Like x 3
  14. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    ^5 Nic

• Like Like x 2
  15. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I think he needs a new icon that reflects his new role:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpbrXRM4FVkjKQgxwR5HR42Nr7y9Y0K43UMzwykYpY_1cBd0U9Ug&t=1.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

A guy from down the road. Yay. This is gonna be good.

I hope you don't get too bogged down Nic that you can't get out and take those Street pictures, because we need them aye.

Saying that I hope they don't ban Mu-43.com on your work computer either.:rofl: Just kidding.

I'll havta see this high profile guy oneday soon.

oo-roo

icon

• Like Like x 3
  17. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    congratulations lucky

promise to keep my pro Aperture/anti BS rants to an acceptable level

K

• Like Like x 2
  18. Don't joke, it'll probably happen...

• Like Like x 1
  19. A good rant can be a thing of beauty :smile: Keep them coming

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

G'day to you Nic and I wish you luck in moderating .... I just had a look at your album of images and I think that you have all the qualifications of the new position that you have undertaken and enjoy!! I have to say further to all that...gosh you are a brave man!!

• Like Like x 3