1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

LR6 Update 6.2...Problems..?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Dave in Wales, Oct 7, 2015.

1. peter124

peter124 Mu-43 Regular

I installed yesterday and haven't seen any problems yet. But then I'm not using any of the deleted features. This is on Windows 7 64 bit professional.

2. ex machina

ex machina Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 3, 2014
    Northern Virgnia
    Updated last night on my iMac running El Capitan, edited for a while, didn't see any problems. I did find it hard to get back to the main interface from the new import mode, ended up closing the window because it wasn't obvious how to cancel out from that mode.

Where's the new de-blur tool introduced with Photoshop and PS Elements? I really expected that to be among the new features in Adobe's premiere photo editing app.

3. ex machina

Jan 3, 2014
    Northern Virgnia
    Ha, just upgraded here at work and now see the import screen's X close btn way up in the right corner.

4. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    Is there a standalone download for update or should it be done through update dialog in LR?

5. ex machina

Jan 3, 2014
    Northern Virgnia
    I have Creative Cloud, so I used the CC updater feature.

6. ex machina

Jan 3, 2014
    Northern Virgnia
    ...and the app just crashed while in the background, doing nothing since before noon. sigh.

7. ahinesdesign

ahinesdesign Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2011
    NC, USA
    Aaron
    Updated this morning, ran LR (and Photoshop, After Effects) all day with no issues. On 2014 Macbook Pro running 10.11. Have more work to do in LR tonight, will keep an eye out for issues...

8. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
  9. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Wow, people are really unhappy with the changes to the import system. I've been meaning to upgrade to CC for a while now, but might just stick with LR5 for a bit longer. Might also check out C1P8, as I keep hearing great things about it.

10. ahinesdesign

ahinesdesign Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2011
    NC, USA
    Aaron
    The import module changes are baffling, but for my import workflow the changes aren't much of an issue. At least I haven't seen any of the crashing issues... My guess is that Adobe backpedals on the import module or adds an "expert" mode with a future update.

11. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    Mine crashed several times but so far only while exporting stacked images from Helicon Focus. I updated HF to the latest version, (6.7) and LR seems to be fine now.

12. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    On1 released a patched version of Perfect Photo Suite 9.5 to deal with the LR .2 release mess. The patched version brings PPS apps back as valid plugins.