LR5 Photo Optimization Techniques with Tim Grey

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by DigitalD, Feb 23, 2015.

1. DigitalD

DigitalD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2014
    Miami
    David
    There are tons of vids out there about LR5 but this one is from a B&H Presentation that I came across this weekend that I actually liked. Ive used Photoshop and Lightroom professionally for years but Tim makes some really good suggestions on getting the most out of your photos with the least amount of work. Its a little long, and some things you may know already but I thought his use of the basic controls was pretty spot on. Anyway thought some of you may like to give it a watch through when you have some time.

• Like Like x 4
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. maritan

maritan Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    Thanks for the info. I know that I don't know the best ways to PP a photograph to make it pop and catch someone's eye. I'm always looking to learn more.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Thanks. B&H has done some good training videos. Appreciate the link to this one.

4. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Useful, but yes, long.

--Ken

5. robertk328

robertk328 Going on a prime spree!

Feb 11, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    Robert
    Thanks for posting this... found it when looking for ways to get LR4.4 to read the .ORF files from my new E-M10.
    Looks like LR6 is around the corner, so may have to use their DNG plugin for now. :confused:

6. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Most of B&H tutorials/instructions are quite beneficial. Tim is quite good and i've seen all of his videos on the subject. Still have to remind myself every now and then, as i don't use all of the options to their fullest.

They may seem like they are long, but again, most of B&H videos are above 1,5 hrs. And frankly, something that extensive can't be done in 15 mins.

If you want short videos, with one specific topic, go to adobe tv, and search for Julieanne Kost. Amazing stuff.

7. arch stanton

arch stanton Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    London
    Malc
    Can't believe no-one's made a "50 shades of Grey" crack yet!
    Thanks for the link :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    Thanks for that.
    As a LR5 beginner I prefer the series by Anthony Morganti

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    First I have heard of him. I'll have to give his videos a viewing.

--Ken