LR5 Blacks/White adjustment, equivalent in OV3.

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Dave in Wales, May 29, 2015.

1. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    I use ORF and have LR5 on a 30 day trial and I love it.

Especially the adjustment method for setting, in colour shots, the 'blacks' and 'whites'....It's so simple.

Holding down the 'alt' key, I'm on a Mac, and sliding left or right until the image starts to appear.

Is there a way to achieve the same results using OV3, I can't seem to find one.

2. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    You are seeing one of the many features that LR has that OV3 does not. Drop the LR5 trial and do a LR6 trial. Then you can merge two photos into HDR within LR and get a DNG result. The same goes for merging photos into a pano. You can now do it within LR and get a raw file output. Try that with OV3. :biggrin:

On Youtube is a video of an feature that Adode is supposed to introduce to LR. It is a dehaze filter. It is like having a polarizer filter you you can rotate to remove as much haze as you like. But this filter can also add haze as well.

Likely the dehaze filter will be one of the enhancements available to those that do the CC photo subscription of LR + PS. It may not be available to those that do the purchase of a LR6 license.