1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

LR4 Questions

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Wasabi Bob, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 All-Pro

I’m relatively new to LR4. I’ve noticed that when I import photos, LR4 only displays the RAW files, when both RAW and JPG are available. There are times when I want to work with the JPG’s.

How can I have LR display both file formats, when both are available?

Also, regarding the publish to Flickr option. I generally do not publish full size images. I’m also thinking of adding a watermark. Can LR4 be configured to automatically upload downsized versions, and possibly add the watermark?

2. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Yes, you can set up Lightroom to import both Raw and JPEG copies of images. But it's in the Import function; without the setting, you won't have the companion JPEGs in your import. I'm not in front of my desktop now; hopefully someone will steer you to the right settings.

3. arch stanton

arch stanton Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    London
    Malc
    Hi Bob, there's an option to make LR show them separately in the catalog, from a quick google it's under:
    Edit -> preferences -> general -> "Treat jpeg files next to RAW files as separate photos"

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.