LPOTY Takeaview submission query...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by sam_m, Jul 23, 2013.

1. sam_m

sam_m Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2010
    Hello all,

I think I made a screwup on this so thought I would check for other peoples thoughts on this here. I entered some photos into the Take A View Landscape photographer of the year competition, and too my surpise I received an email that one of my images had made it to the shortlist.

Now the issue is, an Urban mage using the Samyang Fisheye of London was chosen, and when I went to upload the High Res I had a sudden panic as I had completely forgotten that I had de-fished the image on the smaller sample initally uploaded. :redface:

Now the rules do state.... quote "For images entered into Classic view, Living the view and Urban view, the
    integrity of the subject must be maintained and the making of physical changes to the landscape is not permitted. You may not, for example, remove fences, move trees or strip in the sky from another image. Minor adjustments to levels and curves and cropping of the image are allowed. We may request the RAW file or original camera jpeg for any shortlisted image."

Now I am reading this as the de-fished image would likely come under making physical changes to the image. What would others thoughts be on this? I don`t really want to make an idiot of myself by uploading the De-Fished high res version with the original which isnt, and maybe just take it as a lesson learned to read the rules thoroughly and check images before uploading in the future.

2. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    I would check with the officials, to see what they have to say. I mean if you can crop, I see no reason why defishing should be a no no.

Would you please post the chosen picture for us to see?

Good luck Sam, hope the picture makes it to the top!
  3. sam_m

sam_m Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2010
    Thank you.. a little suprised it got in the shortlist myself and i did wonder if defishing would come under similar as cropping, but will upload it once im back on the laptop