1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lower price on g5 kit $339

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by juangrande, Jul 10, 2013.

1. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Holy crap that is unbelievably cheap for a very good camera. I might get a second one...

2. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    Yeah -- since you can essentially sell the lens for $100, you're getting into the price range of the GX1 for a better sensor with a flip out screen and built in EVF.

3. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    This is so cheap, it must be awful. :p I remember getting into a discussion on slickdeals with someone telling me how the G5 had an obsolete sensor. Thanks for the deal! Lots of G5 with kits still listed with the 14-42mm for $350 or so on eBay.

4. Uncle Frank

Uncle Frank Photo Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    Frank
    Thanks for posting. $339 includes USPS priority mail shipping and no tax, and it's from a high volume vendor with a 100% rating. Hard to resist at this price.

5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    You buy one Frank? :wink:

6. Uncle Frank

Uncle Frank Photo Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    Frank
    It has a bif, evf, articulated lcd, a pretty new sensor, and is priced at impulse buy level. And it has a big grip, too. :cool:

7. JDK504

JDK504 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 28, 2013
    I'd def jump on this if I didn't have a G3 already. However, if I could sell it for 230 or so then I would break even after I wought the G5 and sold the kit lens.... Any takers? =)

8. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    of course I go to buy it and they are gone. I need another camera like an effing hole in the head, but if they're just going to throw them away at these prices someone has to buy them.

9. scott0487

scott0487 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 10, 2012
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Scott
    I succumbed and think I bought the last one. I absolutely love my E-M5, but I miss a built in flash and love articulated screens. Uggh, this forum is killing me.

Scott

10. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    When Im not using my G5, Im using my other camera... A G5!!! :cool:

11. BubbleChamber

BubbleChamber Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2013
    Silicon Valley, California
    Kiley
    No, they aren't all gone. It sold so well the seller decided to raise the price to $349.

G5 Kit with 14-42mm - eBay

Both B and H and Adorama are offering a $300 instant rebate. Net price for the kits is $348. I haven't checked other shops.

G5 Kit - B and H

Adorama has it listed for $398 bundled with a $50 Adorama gift certificate

Adorama G5 Kit Bundle

However they have the kit priced at $348 on eBay

G5 Kit - Adorama on eBay

12. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    Now's the time to get one of these, though more may pop up over the next year like the GF3 does. Until they start putting the GH3 sensor in more bodies or the GX7 (maybe) comes out you won't find a better Panasonic sensor. And the built in EVF makes the price point even better.