1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Lowepro Slingshot 300AW

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by MrPhotoBob, Jul 23, 2012.

1. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    I am just wondering if anyone is using this bag to carry their OMD equipment. I have a chance to pick up a like new one at a very nice price, but I am wondering how others who are using it is how their equipment is fitting in it. I am also wondering if the size of the OMD makes it a hazard for equipment falling out when the bag is open. Any tips on this bag, the 302AW is coming out and because of it I am able to pick up the 300AW at a nice price.

2. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    depending on the amount of your Micro 4/3 gears... but IMHO the 300AW is quite big for this. maybe a 100AW would suffice.

3. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    Thanks

I will give it a look...

4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    It's pretty big - I have one, used to carry a Nikon D300, with battery grip and 70-200 2.8 lens attached, along with SB900 flash and a couple of short lenses. A very nice bag, but I think it overkill unless you have a LOT of :43: gear to schlep, or unless you're planning on carrying more than just :43: in the bag.

I had the 200 bag and it fit a Nikon D70S nicely, too small for the D300 with associated gear.

I don't see any "fall out" hazard with either of those two bags - when you slide the bag to the front to access your gear the opening is at the top.

Both bags well made, plenty of cushioning for the kit.

I found, however, that I really don't find the 'sling bag' format to be my cup of tea; I was forever forgetting it was on and bumping into things and/or people. It works very well for some people, just not for me as a "shooting" bag. Good bag for en-route storage.

HTH

Jim

• Like Like x 2