Lowepro Slingshot 300AW

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by MrPhotoBob, Jul 23, 2012.

1. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    I am just wondering if anyone is using this bag to carry their OMD equipment. I have a chance to pick up a like new one at a very nice price, but I am wondering how others who are using it is how their equipment is fitting in it. I am also wondering if the size of the OMD makes it a hazard for equipment falling out when the bag is open. Any tips on this bag, the 302AW is coming out and because of it I am able to pick up the 300AW at a nice price.
  2. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    depending on the amount of your Micro 4/3 gears... but IMHO the 300AW is quite big for this. maybe a 100AW would suffice.
  3. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012

I will give it a look...
  4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    It's pretty big - I have one, used to carry a Nikon D300, with battery grip and 70-200 2.8 lens attached, along with SB900 flash and a couple of short lenses. A very nice bag, but I think it overkill unless you have a LOT of :43: gear to schlep, or unless you're planning on carrying more than just :43: in the bag.

I had the 200 bag and it fit a Nikon D70S nicely, too small for the D300 with associated gear.

I don't see any "fall out" hazard with either of those two bags - when you slide the bag to the front to access your gear the opening is at the top.

Both bags well made, plenty of cushioning for the kit.

I found, however, that I really don't find the 'sling bag' format to be my cup of tea; I was forever forgetting it was on and bumping into things and/or people. It works very well for some people, just not for me as a "shooting" bag. Good bag for en-route storage.

• Like Like x 2