1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Lowepro Passport sling on sale is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Uwharrie, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
  2. hinata76

hinata76 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    Singapore
    Sold off mine after 2 days.

Im a guy..

The styling of this bag suits a female more.due to its shape (kinda hugs ur curve..)
    for me it cant fit well with a ipad.

Good things though..
    Can zip down to get more space..
    Dun look like a camera bag.But more like groceries bag.

3. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    Humm... I was looking for a bag that my IPad would fit as well.

4. JimmyK

JimmyK Mu-43 Regular

Apr 11, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    James Knodell
    I looked at this bag as a secondary bag (my main bag is a Thinktank Retrospective 7), but elected to go with a messenger style bag (Lowepro Exchange Messenger) instead. The sling bag design looked too much like a women's handbag to me.

The Exchange Messenger Lowepro - Exchange Messenger that I went with is cheap, light as a feather, and roomy enough for my E-M5, an extra lens or two, plus a few personal items, while still maintaining a slim profile and not looking like a camera bag. It's perfect for street shooting or traveling light, when you don't want to be bogged down with a larger, bulkier bag.

5. m43er

m43er Mu-43 Regular

Oct 6, 2011
    Can't get used to that weird bean bag shape. Was the designer on drugs at the time?

Not a bag I would consider even remotely.

6. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    An alternate position.

I love mine. No I can't fit my iPad in it and I also changed the standard insert for a Domke 4 section one, but it's a great bag to work from. You really can get to all your gear without taking it off. It distributes it weight really well and I don't get a sore shoulder/back after carrying it all day.

I have far more expensive bags (several Domkes and 4 Billinghams) but I actually use this bag for working shoots over and above those. I prefer the Billingham for my personal use as I can carry my tablet. But the sling works great if you need to be changing lenses often and carry a few essential extras.

Gordon

• Like Like x 2
  7. digitaldan1

digitaldan1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    Ordered one last night, so I should be able to give feedback in a couple of days. I'm still looking for a bag that feels right for my MFT cameras and gear. Like many pros, I have a "bag mountain" from my 35mm and dSLR days (still have half a dozen dSLRs around the house), but none of them feel "just right" with MFT gear. We'll see how this one does.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    well heck! I should have ordered last night. Its back up to $59 today! Shoot, shoot, double shoot!

9. billy_pilgrim

billy_pilgrim Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2011
    It still says $34 for me. I got it for maybe $45 or so at best buy.

I have one and like it. I don't find the styling to be too feminine. I don't really care for the standard "techy" camera bag look. I like how the crumpler bags and similar ones look but they are $100 more, and that is money I'd rather put towards other photo gear.

It works decent on my bike. I find it pretty comfortable to wear and easy to get stuff out of. I put sticky velcro strips in one of the side pockets so I can store a few things there (currently, a lenspen and a flashlight). I wish the insert was a bit bigger some of the time. The extra room to the side is nice for batteries and a little tripod and other non-camera things. I'm not sure if this is the ideal bag for me but it is working pretty well for now.

10. yamark

yamark Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Kentucky
    I have it and like it quite a bit.

11. Buddy

Buddy Mu-43 Regular

Jun 27, 2012
    Florida
    Fwiw I have the Lowepro Passport Sling and it works for what I have/need at this point w/new Ipad: The Ipad storage was a must for me and fits fine with room to spare.

I travel out of the country frequently and wanted something simple, comfortable to carry,small n able to carry my necessities, so far this does the trick.

Here's what I carry

Olympus OMD 12-50mm kit lens / Battery and cord / Fl300r flash / mem cards / cleaning gear / New Ipad w/cover / Neck strap / Orig flash / passport,etc.

also carry my iphone/keys/chargers,etc n will b purchasing shortly a panny 20mm and some kind of zoom lens, I have already borrowed a pancake n a zoom lens from a friend and used in this bag n they fit fine. It's not over bullky either, n didn't have to unzip the extra storage area. It's a pretty simple straight forward comfortable bag that has easy access.

I'm digging the bag thus far!

12. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    Did find the lower price but now out of stock! Should have been an early bird!

13. hinata76

hinata76 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    Singapore
    Singapore street price is about $59. I got it in one of the shopping mall selling camera stuff for about $40sgd..sold off at $45..^_^

on Nokia 8800