Lowepro Passport sling on sale is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Uwharrie, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
  2. hinata76

hinata76 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    Singapore
    Sold off mine after 2 days.

Im a guy..

The styling of this bag suits a female more.due to its shape (kinda hugs ur curve..)
    for me it cant fit well with a ipad.

Good things though..
    Can zip down to get more space..
    Dun look like a camera bag.But more like groceries bag.

3. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    Humm... I was looking for a bag that my IPad would fit as well.

4. JimmyK

JimmyK Mu-43 Regular

Apr 11, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    James Knodell
    I looked at this bag as a secondary bag (my main bag is a Thinktank Retrospective 7), but elected to go with a messenger style bag (Lowepro Exchange Messenger) instead. The sling bag design looked too much like a women's handbag to me.

The Exchange Messenger Lowepro - Exchange Messenger that I went with is cheap, light as a feather, and roomy enough for my E-M5, an extra lens or two, plus a few personal items, while still maintaining a slim profile and not looking like a camera bag. It's perfect for street shooting or traveling light, when you don't want to be bogged down with a larger, bulkier bag.

5. m43er

m43er Mu-43 Regular

Oct 6, 2011
    Can't get used to that weird bean bag shape. Was the designer on drugs at the time?

Not a bag I would consider even remotely.

6. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    An alternate position.

I love mine. No I can't fit my iPad in it and I also changed the standard insert for a Domke 4 section one, but it's a great bag to work from. You really can get to all your gear without taking it off. It distributes it weight really well and I don't get a sore shoulder/back after carrying it all day.

I have far more expensive bags (several Domkes and 4 Billinghams) but I actually use this bag for working shoots over and above those. I prefer the Billingham for my personal use as I can carry my tablet. But the sling works great if you need to be changing lenses often and carry a few essential extras.

Gordon

• Like Like x 2
  7. digitaldan1

digitaldan1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    Ordered one last night, so I should be able to give feedback in a couple of days. I'm still looking for a bag that feels right for my MFT cameras and gear. Like many pros, I have a "bag mountain" from my 35mm and dSLR days (still have half a dozen dSLRs around the house), but none of them feel "just right" with MFT gear. We'll see how this one does.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    well heck! I should have ordered last night. Its back up to $59 today! Shoot, shoot, double shoot!

9. billy_pilgrim

billy_pilgrim Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2011
    It still says $34 for me. I got it for maybe $45 or so at best buy.

I have one and like it. I don't find the styling to be too feminine. I don't really care for the standard "techy" camera bag look. I like how the crumpler bags and similar ones look but they are $100 more, and that is money I'd rather put towards other photo gear.

It works decent on my bike. I find it pretty comfortable to wear and easy to get stuff out of. I put sticky velcro strips in one of the side pockets so I can store a few things there (currently, a lenspen and a flashlight). I wish the insert was a bit bigger some of the time. The extra room to the side is nice for batteries and a little tripod and other non-camera things. I'm not sure if this is the ideal bag for me but it is working pretty well for now.

10. yamark

yamark Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Kentucky
    I have it and like it quite a bit.

11. Buddy

Buddy Mu-43 Regular

Jun 27, 2012
    Florida
    Fwiw I have the Lowepro Passport Sling and it works for what I have/need at this point w/new Ipad: The Ipad storage was a must for me and fits fine with room to spare.

I travel out of the country frequently and wanted something simple, comfortable to carry,small n able to carry my necessities, so far this does the trick.

Here's what I carry

Olympus OMD 12-50mm kit lens / Battery and cord / Fl300r flash / mem cards / cleaning gear / New Ipad w/cover / Neck strap / Orig flash / passport,etc.

also carry my iphone/keys/chargers,etc n will b purchasing shortly a panny 20mm and some kind of zoom lens, I have already borrowed a pancake n a zoom lens from a friend and used in this bag n they fit fine. It's not over bullky either, n didn't have to unzip the extra storage area. It's a pretty simple straight forward comfortable bag that has easy access.

I'm digging the bag thus far!

12. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    Did find the lower price but now out of stock! Should have been an early bird!

13. hinata76

hinata76 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    Singapore
    Singapore street price is about $59. I got it in one of the shopping mall selling camera stuff for about $40sgd..sold off at $45..^_^

on Nokia 8800