1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lowepro Passport anyone? Alternatives???

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by jgmankos, May 23, 2012.

1. jgmankos

jgmankos Mu-43 Regular

Apr 9, 2012
    Slatington, PA
    John
    Ok I think I have my m4/3 kit set now I need to tote it around. This is what I got:

Panny G3
    E-PM1
    Panny 20
    Sigma 30
    Canon FD 50mm 1.4
    Panny 100-300

Other than possibly picking up a Panny 14, a small flash and I'm also on the lookout for a Pentax 85 f/2...that's pretty much gonna be my kit.

Now I'm looking at bags and I will say I'm a big fan of sling type bags for comfort. I came across the Lowepro Passport and it looks like it might fit the bill but I"m not sure. I really do like the look of it and that it doesn't necessarily look like a camera bag. The Pen and 20 (or 14) might not need to go in the main bag because the reason I have it is to be able to keep it on a Point & Shoot style belt pack or a pocket so that combo may just be kept separately. So if you minus the E-PM1 and a pancake lens....does anyone think the Passport might hold what I have left?

Any other recommendations? Also saw the Tamrac Velocity series I thought looked useful. Budget is about ~$50-ish

Thanks

2. jgmankos

jgmankos Mu-43 Regular

Apr 9, 2012
    Slatington, PA
    John
    Yes I did see that thread, thanks....but not sure when I'll have time to get through all 52 pages of it. Plus most of the links I found in the first 5 pages or so don't even work anymore.

I wasn't aware that all discussion on bags was supposed to be consolidated there....sorry

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Start at the end of the thread and work backwards, that way you get the most recent posts and links! :biggrin:

4. jgmankos

jgmankos Mu-43 Regular

Apr 9, 2012
    Slatington, PA
    John
    I think I'm just going to get the Passport and see how it works out. I did a text search of that thread and it looks like it might fit the bill....and again, I like that it doesn't exactly look like a camera bag.

5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA