1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Lowepro ILC Classic 50 and E-PL2

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by the.growler, May 12, 2011.

1. the.growler

the.growler Mu-43 Regular

Just received a Lowepro ILC Classic 50 and thought I'd share how it's working out with an Olympus E-PL2, E-VF2, 14-42mm MkII kit lens and 40-150mm M. Zuiko M4/3 mount.

Short answer: Great! :smile:

Long answer: The ILC Classic 50 is a rigid, padded box covered by a flap that secures with both velcro and a spade-lock fastener. It has loops on either side for Lowepro SlipLock cases.

The case just fits the E-PL2 mounted with the 14-42mm (lens hood reversed), the E-VF2 (detached and in its protective bag) and the stock Olympus neck strap. You may have seen a video review of this case (and its bigger brother, the ILC Classic 100) on YouTube, where the reviewer claims he can carry the 40-150mm in the case as well. I have no idea how he does that; there is simply no additional room in the bottom of this case for another lens.

But the real brilliance of the set-up is the SlipLock loops. The 40-150mm (lens hood reversed) just fits into a Lowepro 1S case, which attaches to either side of the ILC Classic 50. I'm able to carry my entire set-up on my shoulder with minimal weight and bulk.

If you want to travel with the bare minimum, it's hard to see how you can do better than this.

BTW, no affiliation with Lowepro. Just a long-time satisfied customer (who is immensely relieved to not have to lug DSLRs around any more!).

• Like Like x 2