Lowepro EX120 with GF1 20mm and 45-200

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by dfroelich, Dec 7, 2010.

1. dfroelich

dfroelich Mu-43 Regular

Nov 15, 2010
    I picked up the Lowepro EX 120 from Walmart for $22 and wanted to share a quick review and how it fits a pretty standard kit.

The Main Compartment:
    The top zips and clips shut. There is uniform soft, but firm padding all around, and a single divider in the middle that velcros in front to back. It can fit my GF1 with the 20mm pancake attached and the 45-200mmsqueexed in on the side:
    It can more easily store with the zoom lens attached, and the 20mm in the smaller area:

Front Pouch:
    This zipper is accessible when the top flap clip is open. There are two small pockets (one mesh, one nylon) for spare cards or cloths. They will not fit a spare battery. There is enough room in the pouch to fit the charger cord and a battery or two, but they would most likely fall out when you open it since the zipper opens to 2/3rds down the height of the pouch.

Side pockets:
    There are twin mesh side pockets with clinch cords. They are big enough to hold the battery charger.

Top Flap Pocket:
    This pocket is very thin for holding small bits like SD card readers or spare SD cards if the front pouch is too full.

There is a sturdy handle on top, a shoulder strap, and a belt loop. I weaved the strap through the loop to keep it tidy but accessible.

I wish there was a spot to keep the manual handy, but the only hope is in the main compartment, and there is clearly no space there. Other than that, it seems cushiony enough to protect and couldn't be any smaller.
  2. mzd

mzd Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2010
    thanks for the great review and detailed pictures! this is exactly the combo i'm looking for.
    • Like Like x 1