Lowepro Event Messenger 100

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by toyanucci, Oct 27, 2014.

1. toyanucci

toyanucci Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2014
    I contemplated several bags and went between the 100 and the 150 before deciding on the 100. It holds all I need it to hold when I need to travel light. I may get the 150 eventually because any lens bigger than the ones I currently have wont fit lol. Let me know your thoughts!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvh8CPPowfU

EM1 with the following lenses: 14mm f2.5, 25mm f1.8, 45mm f1.8, 75mm f1.8. The Nissin i40 flash is also in there with stofen and the flash that comes with the em1.

2. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    I've had the event messenger 100 since just after it was released. It is an excellent bag for m43 and I think you'd need quite a large setup to move to the 150. One thing I like is the design of the folding flaps on the vertical risers which makes a nice place to set the camera body LCD down while changing lenses. You can quite safely change lenses this way when standing.

I've made little felt pouches for most of my primes and smaller zooms which allows me to stack multiple lenses in each "slot". You can pack an enormous kit into this little bag this way.

Here's a little video showing some of the pouches being used in the bag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_e8OolJ-uU

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aushiker

Aushiker Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 12, 2014
    Fremantle, Western Australia
    Andrew
    Thanks for sharing. I will add this to my list of bags to checkout :)

Andrew

4. Vivalo

Vivalo Olympus Loser

Nov 16, 2010
    Finland
    I've had the Event Messenger 150 for two years now and it is a great bag. I was also looking at the 100 but I went for the larger bag because it holds my camera, a couple of lenses AND a bottle of water + other random stuff. Also the tablet pocket is a nice feature. Basically I thought I could go with a little larger bag if I go with a bag anyway. But I can imagine the 100 is as good a bag as the 150, just a little smaller.

5. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    I ended up with a 150, as it allows me to either carry one of my G6 bodies with a lens attached, and then carry an additional 2-3 lenses with me, or I can carry both of my G6 bodies with a lens attached to each.

They're really great bags, and the 100 and 150 are both small enough to not be annoying. I tried the 250, and it was too big IMO.

6. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Good point on the 150 also being able to carry some non-camera related things with you even if you have a smaller kit. I do a similar thing with a Flipside 10L when hiking - while it is a rather small photo backpack it has a lot more capacity than I need camera wise but the extra space is great for drink/sandwich/snacks.

7. mcrosa

mcrosa Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2013
    Miami, Florida
    Mike Crosa
    Well I was looking at the 100 on E-Bay and up pops up a Lowepro Nova Sport 7L AW. And ended up with it. :)