1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Lowepro Event Messenger 100

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by docfox, Dec 27, 2012.

1. docfox

docfox Mu-43 Regular

Mar 26, 2011
    Hatfield, PA
    Does anyone have experience with this relatively new bag?

I'm considering it for a Panasonic G1 with 14-45 and 45-200 mm zooms plus 2 extra batteries, several SD cards, a polarizer and a wired remote release. If anyone has tried it for a similar kit, I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks!

George

• Like Like x 1
  2. ampl465a

ampl465a Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2012
    I have the 150 for OMD with 4 lenses, 2 flashes plus batter, charger, grip and accessories and it fits..

The 100 should b fine 4 what u want.

3. MikeWhitten

MikeWhitten Mu-43 Regular

Dec 29, 2012
    I just got one yesterday. My OMD kit is currently small; I have the RRS plate & grip, Oly 75mm, Oly 45mm, Rokinon fisheye. All fit easily, of course.

With the 45mm on the camera, the Rokinon fits easily under it in the center. With the 75mm on the bottom on one side it looks like another small lens (along the size of the 45mm) will fit easily. That leaves the left side vertical free.

I don't have an Olympus flash (yet) but a Canon 430ex stands in there just fine and the top closes easily.

So it looks like the bag'll hold a four-prime kit + flash or whatever other stuff you want to stack in that vertical.

Based on first impressions I'm liking the bag a lot! I wanted something noticeably smaller that what I have to carry with Canon and this fits the bill.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MikeWhitten

MikeWhitten Mu-43 Regular

Dec 29, 2012
    Some photos....

Ok, giving back here. Lord knows I've learned enough from this forum and finding the right bag has been _hard_.

Five photos are attached. They're just iPhone snaps but should get the point across.

photo1: Everything's in the bag. Canon 430EX standing in as a flash, 45mm on camera.

photo 2: Camera next to bag for scale. Now that I think about it, the cutting mat it's sitting on has one inch grids.

photo 3: A better view inside, showing the Rokinon on the bottom and closed flap on right. I turned on the iPhone flash to get some light in there.

photo 4: I took the 45mm off the camera and put it in the empty place on the right for scale. The camera fits fine with that in place and the flap down.

photo 5: removed the 45mm and pulled up the divider to show the 75mm snug in the bottom.

One could of course remove the flash on the left and have an identical place for two more lenses.

It makes a nice, neat package that sure holds a lot of very capable camera gear!

HTH,
    Mike

Attached Files:

5. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

I use one. Even though my GF1 usually lives in its fitted leather case, I carry an EPL1 body in the bag, plus a normal zoom and a long zoom, plus extra batteries for both cameras, plus release, plus lens cleaning stuff. It's a cozy fit, but makes it easy to travel light. On the other hand, if you frequently change lens, etc., a larger bag might be easier to get stuff in and out.

6. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    I have it for half a year and it can fit your set plus additional two lens.

I have a similar set like your's and any four lens combination fits. Except for the two long tele together.

7. tbyork2012

tbyork2012 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 14, 2012
    Oxford, UK
    This bag will definitely be able to take your kit. I've managed to get the OM-D with grip (only landscape part), 12-35mm/2.8 on camera, another lens like 40-150 or 75/1.8 and a flash. I could even fit in the 45/1.8 in the middle portion as the 12-35/2.8 lens is not very long. It is a great camera bag.
    Boon

8. docfox

docfox Mu-43 Regular

Mar 26, 2011
    Hatfield, PA
    many thanks for your help

Wow, am I impressed! What a kind, generous, rapid and knowledgable response to my query. Thank you all for your valued answers and my special thanks to MikeWhitten for making the time and effort to post his really informative photos of the Lowepro Event Messenger 100!

I'm going to order mine from B&H momentarilly.

Have a happy New Year and keep those shutters clicking!

With best regards to the nice people of the Mu-43 community,

George