1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Loving the Sigma 60mm

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by tlovegrove, Apr 30, 2014.

1. tlovegrove

tlovegrove Mu-43 Regular

Mar 3, 2014
    Southern California
    Tim
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Well, Tim, you gotta admit that with those subjects, any lens/camera combination would be forced to make a good photo :biggrin:. Cute kids.

I have the 45mm and keep telling myself that I don't really need a 60mm - but those portraits are almost enough to make me press the 'buy' button.

Thanks for posting!

Regards,

Jim

• Like Like x 1
  3. Search

Search Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2014
    I was hoping to get the Sigma 60 on sale or used, but I may just have to buy at the regular price.

4. HaViet

HaViet Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Very nice pics.

Can anyone share performances of the Sigma 60mm under low/indoor lights? I currently have the Sigma 30mm, but it's not fast enough for me indoors.

5. Fmrvette

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    There's a whole thread on Sigma 60mm pics:

https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=44462

Although the 30mm and 60mm are both f/2.8, so one may not be any faster than the other under low light conditions...

I have the Panasonic f/1.7 as my 'go to' indoors lens but others have reported focus searching and slow focus with that lens. I've not found that to be the case but perhaps I got a good copy :confused:.

Regards,

Jim

6. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    The 45 is my second most used lens. Its a much more versatile focal length than the 60 (60 is significantly longer), as well as being quite a bit faster, and it renders quite nicely. If I had to get rid of either the 45 or 60, the 60 would have to go. That being said, I like the way the 60 renders a lot better. I'm used to wides, but I find myself walking around with this awkward focal length telephoto prime because I like the way it renders so much. So if you are considering it, I think you will be happy with it. They are different enough focal lengths that having both isn't overkill.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fmrvette

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    GFFPhoto - I've seen your samples in the other thread and you're not helping my resistance to buying this lens one little bit.

:biggrin:

Regards,

Jim

• Like Like x 1
  8. bhima

bhima Mu-43 Regular

Mar 25, 2014
    Yeah, that one street shot he took was the clincher for me. Oh well, its cheap at $240 for what you get and I can rationalize it with one word: Amortize!

9. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    The Sigma 60 really does deserve more attention! I've had mine for a month now and I'm totally loving it!

• Like Like x 1
  10. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    This is the guy who will show you how to get the most out of a portrait lens, check out his stuff!

11. bhima

bhima Mu-43 Regular

Mar 25, 2014
    Yep, I'm already following his work on Flickr. Great stuff!

12. Dave Reynell

Dave Reynell Guest

Superb ! Superb !

• Like Like x 1