tlovegrove

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tim

Fmrvette

This Space For Rent
Real Name
Jim
Well, Tim, you gotta admit that with those subjects, any lens/camera combination would be forced to make a good photo :biggrin:. Cute kids.

I have the 45mm and keep telling myself that I don't really need a 60mm - but those portraits are almost enough to make me press the 'buy' button.

Thanks for posting!

Regards,

Jim

Search

Mu-43 Regular
I was hoping to get the Sigma 60 on sale or used, but I may just have to buy at the regular price.

HaViet

Mu-43 Veteran
Very nice pics.

Can anyone share performances of the Sigma 60mm under low/indoor lights? I currently have the Sigma 30mm, but it's not fast enough for me indoors.

Fmrvette

This Space For Rent
Real Name
Jim
Very nice pics.

Can anyone share performances of the Sigma 60mm under low/indoor lights? I currently have the Sigma 30mm, but it's not fast enough for me indoors.
There's a whole thread on Sigma 60mm pics:

https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=44462

Although the 30mm and 60mm are both f/2.8, so one may not be any faster than the other under low light conditions...

I have the Panasonic f/1.7 as my 'go to' indoors lens but others have reported focus searching and slow focus with that lens. I've not found that to be the case but perhaps I got a good copy :confused:.

Regards,

Jim

GFFPhoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
Well, Tim, you gotta admit that with those subjects, any lens/camera combination would be forced to make a good photo :biggrin:. Cute kids.

I have the 45mm and keep telling myself that I don't really need a 60mm - but those portraits are almost enough to make me press the 'buy' button.

Thanks for posting!

Regards,

Jim
The 45 is my second most used lens. Its a much more versatile focal length than the 60 (60 is significantly longer), as well as being quite a bit faster, and it renders quite nicely. If I had to get rid of either the 45 or 60, the 60 would have to go. That being said, I like the way the 60 renders a lot better. I'm used to wides, but I find myself walking around with this awkward focal length telephoto prime because I like the way it renders so much. So if you are considering it, I think you will be happy with it. They are different enough focal lengths that having both isn't overkill.

Fmrvette

This Space For Rent
Real Name
Jim
... I like the way the 60 renders a lot better. I'm used to wides, but I find myself walking around with this awkward focal length telephoto prime because I like the way it renders so much...
GFFPhoto - I've seen your samples in the other thread and you're not helping my resistance to buying this lens one little bit.

:biggrin:

Regards,

Jim

bhima

Mu-43 Regular
Yeah, that one street shot he took was the clincher for me. Oh well, its cheap at $240 for what you get and I can rationalize it with one word: Amortize!

Top Bottom