Loving the EP1 - From Perth

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by maxteong, May 26, 2010.

1. maxteong

maxteong New to Mu-43

May 26, 2010
    Hello fellas,

I'm from Singapore, but am now studying in Perth (doing physiotherapy). I've always loved taking photos, but never really got into it in terms of equipment (only shot with P&Ss and my handphone camera). So, I decided just two months ago to move up from my Canon G11 to the EP1 and have been enjoying it so much since! And it's great to have forums like this that provides so much info, support, and a place to just share in the joy of shooting with a micro4/3 camera.

I'm currently using my EP1 with the Canon FD 50/1.4 and FD 28/2.8. That being said, the 50/1.4 is the one that stays on most of the time, because of the ability to achieve shallow DOF and take night shots with available light. Planning on getting a CV 35/1.2 or Summilux 35/2, but considering the prices, it'll probably not be happening too soon. And then, one very very fine day, I'll get my hands on an M9 :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Welcome to Australia and welcome to the Mu-43 forum.
  3. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    I recently sold my GF1 and bought the E-P1 and i must say i thought the GF1 could not be beaten but the E-P1 is as good (with the Panasonic AF Lenses) but has better Jpgs and artistic presets plus it's far more stylish and nicer to hold. I'm SO glad i moved over to the Oly!

Enjoy yours!!:smile:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Max from another Perthite.
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

6. nokiamia

nokiamia Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2010
    Welcome maxteong! I love this forum and I'm sure you'll enjoy being here. I'm using an Oly too and so far has not regretted the purchase. I'm a sucker for form over function, so the only gripe I have on my ep2 is that the slight protruded hot shoe is really ruining the beautiful lines of the pen series eg EP1. Only realized after I bought the ep2. Had I known, I'd buy an ep1 hehe.
  7. thekeddi

thekeddi Mu-43 Rookie

May 17, 2010
    Hi Max!! I have the E-P1 too and love mine, I was thinking of getting a G1 to go with it but now the G2 is out I might wait until they come down in price, I like the swivel screen and the viewfinder on the G1.
  8. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Max ! Take a seat at a great forum.
  9. noodlehaus

noodlehaus Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2010
    Hi Max,

The CV 40mm f1.4 is a cheap but really good lens. Well, cheap compared to the ones you mentioned you want to get :)