1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Loving my new G1

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by ddb, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Just recieved a new G1 and 14-45 lens and have been trying to learn all the menus and settings. Went out today with a old Cokin grad filter to see how the G1 handled it. What a pleasure it is to have the reticulating LCD screen. It was so easy to see your results as you worked.

4783972625_3ef9bb9aa2_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 7
  2. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Congratulations on your new camera.

I have a GF1, and am beginning to appreciate the 14-45 lens.

Love those clouds...

3. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    Congrats, I just got my G1 last week and love it also. What color did you get? I never thought I wanted (or cared about) a color camera, but mine is red and I think it is awesome.
    I am also growing serious respect for the 14-45. I went back and ordered the 45-200 to go with it because I kept banging in to the long end stop of the kit lens. Both lenses are optically excellent. Enjoy your new camera and nice shot!

Lee

My favorite shot with my 14-45

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  4. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    Nice work with the grad.

Bokeh D

5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Excellent work, wow !
    Thanks for sharing.
    Congrats on your new stuff !

6. srinivasbobbili

srinivasbobbili New to Mu-43

Jul 22, 2010
    Hyderabad, India
    Congratulations...good work, keep going.

7. G1 User

G1 User Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 20, 2010
    Yup... A great camera
    I too just bought one with an Olympus 17mm
    I am loving mine too... only been once with it. Here's one from today
    BTW... Great low angle capture. Nicely done.

[​IMG]

8. lhockings

lhockings New to Mu-43

Jul 16, 2010
    Milton Keynes
    Can I ask have you cropped this image at all, or this as shot? You have managed to get very close and get great focus!
    Thanks

9. dko22

dko22 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2010
    Stuttgart, Germany
    I would have liked red as well but the shop I got it from had blue or black. Blue was cheaper so I got that and like this colour as well. With the G1 no longer available in most stores, I was very happy to get this for £299. But when the G3 comes (assuming it has a better sensor or some other pressing advantage), I will go for red. The 14-45 is a much better lens than I had ever expected for a kit lens --never known any other kit to come close. But then it's basically a Leica isn't it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.