Loving my EMP1!! First shots!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kyphotoguy, Oct 23, 2012.

1. kyphotoguy

kyphotoguy Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2012
    Family hay ride this past week end and got to take my first shots. I can;'t wait to get some new lens. Love not having to lug a huge camera around.

kit lens 16:9 iAuto
    oidoxs.

This lil feller was very photogenic!

34fib6q.

rj1tah.

• Like Like x 6
  2. hionhifi

hionhifi Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2012
    California
    Good looking squeaky clean photos.

3. kyphotoguy

kyphotoguy Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2012
    Thank you!

Just got my adapter for my old Canon FD lens and I am very please at a stop ahead of 1.8

My job has been keeping me swamped so I have not had the time to go out and just shoot.

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Sweet! You're really gonna love the camera with a good fast lens on it.

5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Looks like the perfect "bang for your buck" to me! :smile:

6. Arecheese

Arecheese New to Mu-43

Jun 26, 2011
    just got an e-pm 1 and a converter for my old pentax lenses, LOVING IT! manual focus is not that bad indoors but outdoors is a whole other matter when it gets too bright. anyone have a workaround for this? saw some third party 'lcd shades' that snap onto the lcd and help in bright outdoor areas, anyone used these before? sorry if this is hijacking or considered OOT, newbie to forums :)

7. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Olympus VF-2 Electronic Viewfinder (Black) 260057 B&H Photo

There is no better solution, and you can find these used in a lot of places. Or the VF-3 is a usable alternative for cheaper, but I think it's well worth the extra money for the VF-2, personally.

*EDIT: Used VF-2... https://www.mu-43.com/f17/olympus-vf-2-electronic-viewfinder-location-usa-ships-conus-34684/

I wouldn't bother with the LCD shade. It'll help, but only a bit... but what it won't do is give you that razor sharp critical focus that you can see easily in the EVF. With the EVF you can even focus as quickly as on an SLR without using the magnification aid, and capture action shots with manual focus which would be next to impossible to capture with the LCD.

There is also a loupe you can attach to your LCD, but I would rather just have the EVF personally. The loupe should be cheaper though, if you want to go that route... It's more popular for video. Definitely better than an LCD shade...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Arecheese

Arecheese New to Mu-43

Jun 26, 2011
    thanks ned! so tempted to buy that evf now but weighing it against one of those cheap loupes on ebay since i do a significant amount of videos as well. maybe i'll post a comparison when i buy one later.

9. kyphotoguy

kyphotoguy Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2012
    I have found that sharp focus an issue with the LCD and old lens. I am going to have to get an evf or loupe as well when using the older lens.

10. txbkst

txbkst Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2012
  11. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Congratulations! :smile: But.....

It only gets more expensive from here....:biggrin::biggrin:

12. kyphotoguy

kyphotoguy Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2012
    Believe me I know!

My first camera was a Canon AE-1 and I won a photo contest with it in High School and bought every lens I could get my hands on. I even took a class to develop my own film. Then life happened and got to busy till the bug got me again just after buying my D40.

13. mcshort

mcshort Mu-43 Regular

Nov 21, 2012
    czech republic
    i use LCD "viefinder" too, for my manual Helios 44-2 lens, for me better than evf (prize on second place 8EUR vs 100EUR) ;)