Loving Life Thru My Viewfinder...

Discussion in 'Member Interviews' started by Dogdaze, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Dogdaze

Dogdaze Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    New York
    Charlotte
    Hello Everyone.....I am so excited to be a part of this website/forum.
    I am amazed at how wonderful everyone has been thus far with a huge
    welcome and so much "needed" help.
    I am new to photography. My Panasonic Lumix 4/3rds G3 is my big
    step up from my Canon Powershot. I never knew this "leap of faith" (I'm keeping the faith on this journey) would
    be has huge as it's been. So I am so happy to be here to learn, share and
    have fun. I tried to download my images but the site requests smaller images...(that's another world). So I have downloaded images on "Flickr".
    Love the website. I hope you will check them out. I don't know what link I have to make for you to view them...but I WILL figure it out.
    I love shoot where ever my "creative eye" will take me. I like close shots...now venturing into macro (hopefully).
    I live in the state of New York and spend lots of time in Florida. There are beautiful things to see in both areas and along the way. I love life and my heart sings when I see something that I HAVE take a shot of...and when it comes out great (to my eye) my heart sing louder! I'm looking forward to seeing all of your images....glad to be here on this journey with all of you and thank you again.

2. AceAceBaby

AceAceBaby Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2013
    Hi :)
    On the flickr main page, if you click on "You", it will take you to your photostream. You can then copy and paste the URL into the forum, so people can see your photos.

Like this:
    https://secure.flickr.com/photos/ace_ace_baby/

You can also share individual photos but that's more involved: Click on a photo, and when you see it open, there will be an icon at the bottom that looks like a rectangle with an arrow pointing out of it. Click on that icon, and you get a box with a bunch of gibberish in it. Copy that gibberish and paste it into a forum post and it will show the photo in the forum.

3. Dogdaze

Dogdaze Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    New York
    Charlotte
    Uploading/Copy/Pasting Images...yikes...

Hi...Thank you for the image posting info. I didn't get very far..so I must be doing something wrong.
    I went to Flickr..then on my photostream..then clicked on one of my images and then clicked on the share icon on the image. A box came up that I checked the BB Code then clicked on URL area that brought up the http:/address in the box. I right clicked on it and clicked on copy. Then I went to the Forum...to a post..then clicked on the attachment icon . Another box came up with a http:/ linebox. I right clicked on that box and then clicked paste. The address came up..then I clicked on submit.
    My message posted but no images.
    I tried uploading in member gallery...but my images came up to large not allowing me to upload them. I don't know how to make them smaller. It's funny that this is a photography forum and uploading images is so involved.
    If only I could just send an email to the Forum with the link to access my images in Flickr...that would be easy and quick.

4. daimos

daimos Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 23, 2010
    Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
    richard
    with the BB code, you don't put it as an attachment. you paste it on the message box.