Love the Olympus M.12mm for night sky / astro shots

Discussion in 'Astrophotography' started by quatchi, Mar 9, 2014.

1. quatchi

quatchi Mu-43 Veteran

May 17, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    I have to admit that I am fairly new to night sky / astro photography, but so far I really love the Oly M.12mm lens for this. I use it in combination with the E-M5 and a Manfrotto tripod. Once in a while, it could be a tad wider for my taste, though.

Here are two (in my opinion) keepers shot with that lens. Feel free to add your night ky /astro images taken with the M.12mm!

<div class="pixels-photo">
    4. "Photograph To the Stars Above by quatchi on 500px">
    <a href="http://500px.com/photo/63520605">To the Stars Above by quatchi on 500px</a>
    </div>

<div class="pixels-photo">
    4. "Photograph Color of the Night by quatchi on 500px">
    <a href="http://500px.com/photo/62725723">Color of the Night byquatchi on 500px</a>
    </div>

• Like Like x 11
  2. jamespetts

jamespetts Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2011
    London, England
    Those are very impressive photographs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. M1A2Tech

M1A2Tech New to Mu-43

Feb 24, 2014
    Cavite, Philippines
    Chris
    Nice Images, I really enjoyed the dock and the mountain shot and that is what I hope to accomplish in the future. The second shot I can only dream about as in the Philippines there is no "Aurora Borealis" - one question in the bottom right is that a street lamp or car headlight that gives the additional illumination.

My 2 submissions are from my 1st attempt on March 1st in my yard and the second is from March 3rd overlooking Lake Taal here in Tagaytay. But I was late trying to find a decent location thus got more sunrise than I wanted. That resulted in a somewhat unbalanced image as the right side has more noise. But thinking about my exposure, MAYBE I should have tried center or spot metering. Something to consider and play with later. Hope this thread gets some more images and how to's.

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    Regards, Chris

4. aloysius

aloysius Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2012
    Nevada City, California
    My real name is unreal
    Beautiful images! I envy your aurora but not your winters.

5. quatchi

quatchi Mu-43 Veteran

May 17, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Chris, something seems to be wrong with your embedded images. At least I can only see the thumbnails.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.