Love Is In The Air

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by StudioHeraBell, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Last year I participated to Scott Kelby's World Wide Photo Walk. I live in Montreal. My group was going around Old Montreal part of the town.

I stayed in a very tiny stech of the street. Where everyone else ventured all around.

I saw him first, up in the window. He noticed me. I had my Lumix G1 and I was shooting B&W. Then the girl shows up. He knew I am photographing. They started kissing. Then he tells her to bring a camera. He starts posing for her as I am sooting up to their apartment.

I was perfect for an exhibisonist.

But I like to have rights to my shots. I asked them to meet me downstaris. I offered prints, they signed full model release. Lovely people.

My shot never was chosen by the leader for Scott Kelby's World Wide Photo Walk entries.

But so far it sits at two people's walls as matted 20"x30" prints. Then it ranked in the top ten at an International competion held in Italy called "Decisive Moment".

[​IMG]

If you think you might have lost a competition , you might come out as a winner in some other ways.

This shows, never give up... Shoot for yourself first. Then to please others.

Cheers,

Hera Bell

• Like Like x 2
  2. vincechu

vincechu Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Wow thanks for sharing this brilliant photo, it's truly beautiful. I love the look of your black and white conversion, well done and congratulations on your achievements :)

3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Thanks Hera.....Another beautiful image....

4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Incredible shot. Wonderful. After I saw a comment of yours elsewhere on the forum, I followed the link to your blog and saw more of your work. PLEASE don't be a stranger - your work, like just a few others, is really consistently inspirational. I hadn't seen this one - I'm glad I have now!

-Ray

5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Wonderful shot ! Thanks for sharing Hera.

6. Mark Hilliard

Mark Hilliard Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2010
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Good editorial, brilliant shot!