Louvre

xdayv

Color Blind
Real Name
Dave
here are some photos taken at the Louvre Museum. Thanks for looking. :biggrin:

1020407_davemartinezphotography.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1020425_davemartinezphotography.jpg

1030120_davemartinezphotography.jpg

1020895_davemartinezphotography.jpg

Spuff

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Good photos.
It seemed curious that when I went to the Louvre that there was a permanent crowd looking at the Mona Lisa through her bullet proof glass, while there were 2 other more interesting Da Vincis in the museum side by side, not behind any covering, that when I saw them had nobody looking at them but me.
Lisa has a nice view of the enormous and more interesting than her Wedding Feast at Cana (Veronese) directly opposite her.

starlabs

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Hiep
Great photos Dave. How did you manage to not get any people in your last shot?

xdayv

Color Blind
Real Name
Dave
Great photos Dave. How did you manage to not get any people in your last shot?

Hiep, thanks. Probably because I went there on a Wednesday if my memory serves me right, the museum is closed on that day, hence there are fewer people. And the long exposure could have helped. cheers!

brianb032

Mu-43 Veteran
Nice photos. Is the Louvre still crowded during the off-season? I've thought about flying there for a weekend just to check out the museum. The MET museum is my favorite on the planet, so I know the Louvre is right up my alley.

Spuff

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Nice photos. Is the Louvre still crowded during the off-season? .

I went in November 2 years ago.
No, not particularly crowded when I went. I was warned of long queues to get in - but when I arrived there was no queue at all.
There were plenty of things I looked at where I was the only person looking, and some rooms where I was the only person in them for a while. But there are some things you would want to photo where I had to wait along time for people to stop standing in front of them posing for a photo, and then it was back to people in front of them (the ancient Roman statue of Diana was like that).
It's open late on some days, including the day I was there. When it goes past normal closing time they dimmed the lights and it was very atmospheric - and then there were very few people.
You can buy tickets on-line in advance - it's quite inexpensive.

One thing - there isn't any impressionist art and the ilk in the Louvre. The Orsay has all that.

Gwendal

Mu-43 Veteran
Nice photos. Is the Louvre still crowded during the off-season? I've thought about flying there for a weekend just to check out the museum. The MET museum is my favorite on the planet, so I know the Louvre is right up my alley.

Actually the Louvre is closed on Tuesdays, not Wednesdays. Wednesdays and Fridays it stays open until 10PM, which is a great occasion to see the most famous works without too many people, and yes indeed, a great atmosphere.

Latest threads

Top Bottom