Louisiana Canon DSLR user here

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by twalker294, Aug 18, 2010.

1. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    Hello mu43 folks. I live in north Louisiana and I have been a Canon DSLR user for 7 years. My first Canon DSLR was a 10D which I purchased in August 2003 and I still have it and it's going strong. I also have a Canon 40D which is now my primary camera along with the requisite assortment of lenses, flashes, etc.

I have long been searching for a compact camera that I can carry when I don't want to lug around 10 pounds of gear (which is most of the time,) and I have recently discovered the E-PL1 which I think is going to fill that need nicely. I currently have a Canon G9, Canon SX20, and Canon S550, all of which fall down in some way (primarily photo quality.) I'm an available light kinda guy and I enjoy large aperture photography and the point and shoot compacts just can't cut it. Every time I take a camera with me besides my DSLR, I am disappointed with the pictures I come back with. I have a feeling the E-PL1 is going to change that.

My planned kit is the E-PL1 with the 14-42 kit lens and the 20/1.7. I am expecting my 40D to spend a lot of time on the shelf once I get the Olympus.

I'm going to wait and see if anything earth shattering is announced in the next week or so but I've pretty much settled on the PL1 after looking at the E-P1, E-P2, and GF1.

Looking forward to my camera and the great discussions here...

Flickr: twalker294's Photostream
    twalker294's posterous - Home
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Todd - you have done your homework and the planned kit will serve you well. I sold all my dslr gear but not everyone does that.
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Todd, thanks for your introduction and welcome. Please let us know when you get your new camera and be sure to post some photos, too!
  4. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany