Loud Lumix 45-200mm

noelh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Bayview Township, SouthShore of Lake Superior
Wondering if this is normal? Day two with the 45-200mm. Sitting inside playing back some of the test images I hear a sound. A little concern. Thought it's the GF-1. Switched lens. No sound with the 14-45mm. Remounted the 45-200mm. It's the lens. Sounds bit like a faint cooling fan. Started taking some images. Inside a dead quiet house I hear the focusing drive. The sound is constant, but a different frequency when focusing. Normal?

shoturtle

It could be the IS in the lens spinning up. Longer lenses then to be louder then shooter lenses with lens base IS. My canon 18-55 is almost quite, but my 70-300 you hear it going.

shoturtle

Mine is pretty quite when focusing. Very strange. But it is mounted on a epl-1

noelh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Bayview Township, SouthShore of Lake Superior
Update, fyi

Panasonic Customer Service Center noted that the lens is defective. Outside of the noise a functional lens.
Rapid reply from them. ~2hr turnaround time. I'm impressed.
Amazon.com direct purchase. So it's heading back for an exchange.

Side note: Not a good day for new gear. Received a non corded, direct plug charger & nonOEM battery. Charger works fine charging OEM batteries. The non-OEM battery is a dud. Supposedly should work with the latest firmware update on the GF-1 (v1.2). No go.

shoturtle

the non oem batteries have issue as panny chip all their batteries. Have heard many accounts of non oem batteries not working even with new firmware.

Latest threads

Top Bottom