Lots of soft glow and light artifacts - lens or filter?

taikuodo

Mu-43 Rookie
I have a cheap filter on my 50 mm 1.8 nikon attached to my E-p1 with a rainbowimaging adapter. I'm wondering if its normal to have all light sources always glow out very easily and having a lot of reflections in my images of light sources - wondering if that may be due to my filter or to the adapter?

addieleman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ad
I have a cheap filter on my 50 mm 1.8 nikon attached to my E-p1 with a rainbowimaging adapter. I'm wondering if its normal to have all light sources always glow out very easily and having a lot of reflections in my images of light sources - wondering if that may be due to my filter or to the adapter?
Very easy to find out - Make pictures with and without filter of the same subject. Glow or halo will easily show up if you use the lens wide-open, make the same pictures at f/5.6 to see if it's different.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom