Lost the flash sync cover

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by e_kjellgren, Dec 8, 2013.

1. e_kjellgren

e_kjellgren Mu-43 Regular

Oct 17, 2011
    Was at a hockey game yesterday and lost the cover for the flash sync port. Anyone know of a replacement (EM1)?
  2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Funny - you'd think that I'd remember if those things are standard or not, but I don't.

Might I recommend that you shoot the question over to the "Ask B&H" thread?

If those folks don't know, nobody knows :wink:.

Nikon covers I can get from my local brick 'n mortar but I dunno about Olympus parts...

Edit: I did a Google search (not EBay, I don't deal with EBay) with no helpful results. Lotsa sync cords but no button covers.

3. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    Would it be the same part as from the Em5? That's $7 plus $7 shipping from GetOlympius.com.
  4. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The OP was referring to the flash sync port, the little round one at the front that you plug into external flash, as opposed to a top hot shoe. The E-M5 does not have a flash sync port...

If the flash sync port is common to other products, then I don't see why a cover wouldn't be.
  5. gs3xr_fun

gs3xr_fun Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2013
    I lost mine the first day and now I use a smaller cover from AE-1 film camera.
  6. beameup

beameup Mu-43 Regular

Oct 23, 2013
    I'm not sure if they will work, but ebay has Nikon PC sync covers for as little as about $1.
    I did notice that Nikon uses a threaded (screw-in) cover.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. mattphoto

mattphoto Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2013
    New York
    Call Olympus product support and ask how you can order a replacement.
    there have been cases in which they just send the stupid caps for free. People lose them all the time.
    Mon-Fri 9am-9pm ET
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Biggstr

Biggstr Mu-43 Regular

Mar 2, 2012
    Ashburn, VA
    Olympus Support has a parts section ... with a Flash Cover

The Olympus Support website has a flash cover for $7. I've ordered from Olympus Parts before and I'm always happy I can get a part although the per item cost might appear high. It doesn't specifically say it is for the EM-1 but if you filter on EM-1 it shows the cover. Here is the link to the Flash Cover: http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/par...soriesnav_camera-accessories-parts&icn=topnav

Regards ....
    • Like Like x 1
  9. e_kjellgren

e_kjellgren Mu-43 Regular

Oct 17, 2011
    This is exactly what happened, except I sent them an email.
  10. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    My EM1 sync cover is threaded.......just unscrewed it.