1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Lost my Super Control Panel

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Joe_B, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Joe_B

Joe_B Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2012
    Davis, California
    I've just had my OMD for a short time and in playing around with the settings I seem to have lost access to the SCP Super Control Panel.

I am sure that it is something that I turned off, but I don't remember what that was and I have read the online manual and checked other web pages with settings, but have not figured it out.

If someone could point me to the correct menu, it would be most appreciated!

2. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    • Like Like x 1
  3. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    Menu D > Control Settings > [pick which mode you want to change, i.e. PASM] > Live SCP > On.

4. Joe_B

Joe_B Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2012
    Davis, California
    Found - Super Control Panel

Thanks D@ne,

Menu D > Control Settings > [pick which mode you want to change, i.e. PASM] > Live SCP > On.

I had looked at this setting, but I had both "Live Control" and "Live SCP" set to On and as a result I lost the Super Control Panel. I turned "Live Control" off and got the Super Control Panel back. :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  5. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    I believe if you leave both on, you can use the "Info" button to toggle between the two.

6. Joe_B

Joe_B Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2012
    Davis, California
    D@ne, You are correct

With "Live Control" and "Live SCP" both set to On - You can use the "Info" button to toggle between the two!

7. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    IMHO,
    It's so frustrating that one of the BEST features of Olympus is non-existant within marketing and hard to find for the new user to the brand....

8. jgregs

jgregs Mu-43 Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    Southern Ontario
    I'm actually having a similar problem, I've got Live SCP on, but it only shows on the screen, not the EVF, is it possible to have it displayed in the EVF?

9. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    Are you using an e-m5?

10. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    SCP doesn't show on EVF.

If you have the auto evf sensor turned off, press the button on the right side of the EVF hood.

11. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Works on my OM-D if I push the "OK" button while looking through the viewfinder.

HTH

Jim

12. jgregs

jgregs Mu-43 Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    Southern Ontario
    Doesn't work for me, I just get my flash settings, gonna keep fiddling around with the menu, I haven't had the time until now to customize everything to my liking

and yes D@ne I have the EM-5

13. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Totally agree! I got through my E-PL1 (my first Olympus camera) without ever figuring out how to switch on the SCP. It wasn't until my E-PL2 that I finally figured out how to switch it on. If I had only discovered this forum sooner... :rolleyes:

14. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    Try hitting the info button when the flash settings appear.

15. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Same here.

16. jgregs

jgregs Mu-43 Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    Southern Ontario
    figured out what the problem was, thanks for the help

17. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2012
    Mississippi, USA
    How about you share with the class so if we run into the same problem we'll know how to fix it?

18. 6x6

6x6 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2011
    Same as with every other Computer device. Those who construct them are too clever (or dumb) to realise that not everyone has their own knowledge etched into the brain. And most time they even dont understand that someone else does not understand.

Rant over:biggrin:

Luckily, we have the web with friendly and intelligent people like here in mu-43

19. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Have to disagree slightly here - "some devices" are easier navigating through than others.

In this case, the Olympus SCP is quite challenging to find for both the newbie and some veteran users - the very existence of this thread illustrates this :wink:

20. jgregs

jgregs Mu-43 Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    Southern Ontario
    just had to go back from the flash menu to bring the SCP, stupid mistake i made