Lost my EM5 eyecup, best place to get a new one ? ? or upgrade ? ?

broncophil

Mu-43 Veteran
like the title says, i lost my eyecup.. wheres the best place to get a new one? or is there a better one ?

thanks.

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
I believe they are available as replacement parts at Olympus' store if they are not available elsewhere. They tend to stock many of those small parts that tend to come off easily. I usually order a bunch of them as I have two E-M5 bodies and a grip. I cannot count the number of small parts that come off of these bodies. I usually keep a pill vial in my bag to store them when I am out shooting and need to remove any of them.

Good luck,

--Ken

lowlight

Mu-43 Regular
A small piece of black electrical tape will keep the new one from falling off

klarity

Mu-43 Regular
I lost mine recently (it's been hanging on for some time) and have replaced it with another EP-10. The new one fits much tighter (my E-M5 is a very early one) and so I was wondering if there had been a specification change. I ordered directly from Japan - crazy low price, some thing like $10 - I ordered two!!

HarryS

Mu-43 All-Pro
I recently bought one from BH photo. It was $ 9.99, and if you buy five of them, shipping is free.

Actually, shipping is free if you spend over $49, and I had bought some other stuff. However, this is my fourth one. I decided to glue it on with silicone rubber.

JoJo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
I have three EM5 bodies and have had to buy four replacement eyecups! . tried several alternatives but nothing worked well UNTIL the EP-14. No problems with the EP-14 at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rasmus

Mu-43 Top Veteran
When I lost my eyecup I replaced it with the larger EP-11 eyecup and I haven't lost it so far. Besides, it's great to have that larger cup, it's far easier to use the camera in strong light with it.

jjinh

Mu-43 Regular
Have two E-M5s and have yet to lose an eyecup...what are you doing with your cameras?

Also never lost an E-M5 eyecup! Someone should start a poll to see who's in the majority.

I lost mine recently (it's been hanging on for some time) and have replaced it with another EP-10. The new one fits much tighter (my E-M5 is a very early one) and so I was wondering if there had been a specification change. I ordered directly from Japan - crazy low price, some thing like $10 - I ordered two!!

Link please :)

Could always use another one in case mine goes AWOL

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
Mine fell off half a dozen times either rubbing against me (I use a sling strap) or when in a bag for transit. Since then I've put some insulation tape behind it to make it tighter and it hasn't fallen off since.

elpanda

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Jacques
Another vote for the EP-11 eyecup, I bought my E-M5 used without an eyecup and got a good price on both the EP-10 and 11, the 11 is much better, especially with glasses as it provides a nice soft stop before hitting the viewfinder.

It does tend to move quite a bit though, I've had to glue parts of it to make it more rigid and I'm thinking about actually glueing it to the body.

chipbutty

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rob
It doesn't seem to take much. I use my camera strap like a sling and this puts pressure on the eye cup against the side of my body. It pops off much of the time. The design is really very poor. Won't be long before I lose it! I should secure it with some tape really.

Have two E-M5s and have yet to lose an eyecup...what are you doing with your cameras?

Robstar1963

Mad on Motorsports
Real Name
Rob
I used an EP14 (eEM10 cup) on my EM5 when I still had it
Much better fit and slightly deeper than the standard EM5 one and does not foul the screen
Looks like the Nikon one covers the accessory port cover which may or may not matter to those who might consider using it
Rob

klarity

Mu-43 Regular
Also never lost an E-M5 eyecup! Someone should start a poll to see who's in the majority.

Link please :)

Could always use another one in case mine goes AWOL

I got them off Ebay - sorry but I don't have the link - direct from Japan though.

David

Latest threads

Top Bottom