Lost my EM5 eyecup, best place to get a new one ? ? or upgrade ? ?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by broncophil, Aug 6, 2014.

1. broncophil

broncophil Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2010
    like the title says, i lost my eyecup.. wheres the best place to get a new one? or is there a better one ?

thanks.

2. Zancrow

Zancrow Mu-43 Regular

Jul 16, 2014
    There is another thread about this and supposedly the EP-14 (em10 eye cup) is a decent upgrade from the ep-10 (em5 eyecup). your best bet is either ebay or Amazon to find a replacement.

https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=60862

3. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I believe they are available as replacement parts at Olympus' store if they are not available elsewhere. They tend to stock many of those small parts that tend to come off easily. I usually order a bunch of them as I have two E-M5 bodies and a grip. I cannot count the number of small parts that come off of these bodies. I usually keep a pill vial in my bag to store them when I am out shooting and need to remove any of them.

Good luck,

--Ken

4. lowlight

lowlight Mu-43 Regular

Jun 3, 2014
    Norway
    A small piece of black electrical tape will keep the new one from falling off

5. klarity

klarity Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    I lost mine recently (it's been hanging on for some time) and have replaced it with another EP-10. The new one fits much tighter (my E-M5 is a very early one) and so I was wondering if there had been a specification change. I ordered directly from Japan - crazy low price, some thing like $10 - I ordered two!!

6. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    I recently bought one from BH photo. It was $ 9.99, and if you buy five of them, shipping is free.

Actually, shipping is free if you spend over $49, and I had bought some other stuff. However, this is my fourth one. I decided to glue it on with silicone rubber.

7. 350duser

350duser Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 26, 2012
    Brisbane, QLD
    Have lost 2 so far and now am happy without one!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. pointbob

pointbob Mu-43 Regular

Aug 2, 2012
  9. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Me, too. Don't even bother with it anymore.

10. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Have two E-M5s and have yet to lose an eyecup...what are you doing with your cameras?

11. JoJo

JoJo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    JoJo
    I have three EM5 bodies and have had to buy four replacement eyecups! . tried several alternatives but nothing worked well UNTIL the EP-14. No problems with the EP-14 at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rasmus

Rasmus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 16, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden.
    When I lost my eyecup I replaced it with the larger EP-11 eyecup and I haven't lost it so far. Besides, it's great to have that larger cup, it's far easier to use the camera in strong light with it.

13. jjinh

jjinh Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2014
    Also never lost an E-M5 eyecup! Someone should start a poll to see who's in the majority.

Link please :)

Could always use another one in case mine goes AWOL

14. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mine fell off half a dozen times either rubbing against me (I use a sling strap) or when in a bag for transit. Since then I've put some insulation tape behind it to make it tighter and it hasn't fallen off since.

15. elpanda

elpanda Mu-43 Regular

Feb 22, 2011
    HK
    Jacques
    Another vote for the EP-11 eyecup, I bought my E-M5 used without an eyecup and got a good price on both the EP-10 and 11, the 11 is much better, especially with glasses as it provides a nice soft stop before hitting the viewfinder.

It does tend to move quite a bit though, I've had to glue parts of it to make it more rigid and I'm thinking about actually glueing it to the body.

16. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

It doesn't seem to take much. I use my camera strap like a sling and this puts pressure on the eye cup against the side of my body. It pops off much of the time. The design is really very poor. Won't be long before I lose it! I should secure it with some tape really.

17. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    I used an EP14 (eEM10 cup) on my EM5 when I still had it
    Much better fit and slightly deeper than the standard EM5 one and does not foul the screen
    Looks like the Nikon one covers the accessory port cover which may or may not matter to those who might consider using it
    Rob

18. klarity

klarity Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    I got them off Ebay - sorry but I don't have the link - direct from Japan though.

David