Lost my E-M10 Eye Cup

sushi

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Syukri
After a week of owning the E-M10, I already lost my eye cup :frown:

I think it's because of the way the camera hangs around with the BlackRapid sling... anyway... I just ordered a new one to replace it.

For the future and to avoid losing any more eye cup, do any of you guys have any suggestions on keeping the eye cup more secure? I heard this was a problem for the E-M5 as well, how do you guys keep the secure?

Syukri Zulkipli

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
I recall reading a post from someone who made a small tape loop that acted as a sort of security chain. Worth trying a search.

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Lost eyecup twice and got fed up with it, superglued the 3rd one and it hasn't came off for the last 1.5 year
And I'm sure you can't even tell by looking at it.
Thanks pdk42, I think I found what you were taking about from this thread

https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=43541&highlight=Eye+cup

Don't really want to glue the eyecup
Is it just because the thought of having to use glue would bother you, or is it that your gluing skills fall short of most kindergarteners and you would not want to make a mess nor fight the urge to eat the glue being used? lol...:wink: just kidding, about the glue eating part.
Just so you know everyone who I know which has used glue, one can not tell just by looking.. until you ask if that's only the second cup they bought for it .. then you know they have used glue :wink: . . . lol. One guy I met told me he only used two small patches and was telling me that since he used rubber cement he can clean it up and reattach it if he needed to pry it off for any reason.

budeny

Mu-43 All-Pro
For the future and to avoid losing any more eye cup, do any of you guys have any suggestions on keeping the eye cup more secure? I heard this was a problem for the E-M5 as well, how do you guys keep the secure?
Syukri Zulkipli
I'm sure that 3M 5200 marine sealant will keep it attached no matter what you put it through.

AerialCameras

Mu-43 Regular
The Eye Cup division is a huge profit center for Olympus. Has been since the OM film cameras and the Eye Cup1.
:biggrin:

FWIW when you do find a replacement, you might as well buy two.

sushi

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Syukri
Is it just because the thought of having to use glue would bother you, or is it that your gluing skills fall short of most kindergarteners and you would not want to make a mess nor fight the urge to eat the glue being used? lol...:wink: just kidding, about the glue eating part.
Just so you know everyone who I know which has used glue, one can not tell just by looking.. until you ask if that's only the second cup they bought for it .. then you know they have used glue :wink: . . . lol. One guy I met told me he only used two small patches and was telling me that since he used rubber cement he can clean it up and reattach it if he needed to pry it off for any reason.

Probably for all those reasons :tongue: But mainly because if I use glue, and somehow the viewfinder break, I'll have a permanent broken viewfinder on my camera.

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Probably for all those reasons :tongue: But mainly because if I use glue, and somehow the viewfinder break, I'll have a permanent broken viewfinder on my camera.

Wow. . . That is Not even close to being true. No one suggested using epoxy. I suggested rubber cement or a small dab of crazy glue. I Wish crazy glue was so permanent as you think . . lol . Then some of the things I fix wouldn't keep breaking. :smile:
First off in the unlikely event you do break your viewfinder, if you can't break the bond with a pen knife or jewlers screwdriver, which a small amount of glu makes, then don't attempt the repair yourself. It would be no problem for a trained technition.

sushi

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Syukri
Wow. . . That is Not even close to being true. No one suggested using epoxy. I suggested rubber cement or a small dab of crazy glue. I Wish crazy glue was so permanent as you think . . lol . Then some of the things I fix wouldn't keep breaking. :smile:
First off in the unlikely event you do break your viewfinder, if you can't break the bond with a pen knife or jewlers screwdriver, which a small amount of glu makes, then don't attempt the repair yourself. It would be no problem for a trained technition.

I'm not really knowledgable on glues lol all I know is the super glue (permanent) and the kid's glue (lousy), which is the only types of glue that (I know of) are being sold here in Brunei. They don't even sell gaffer tape here! I had to order mine all the way from USA, it's sad lol

Latest threads

Top Bottom