Lost lens cap for 7-14

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by stickan1, Aug 15, 2010.

1. stickan1

stickan1 Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Sweden
    Hi
    Yesterday I somehow lost the front lens cap for my panasonic 7-14/4. I have been trying to find a spare, but without success. Any ideas where I can find one?

Stig

2. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    If you aren't dead set on it being an official Lumix branded lens cap, you could always try to find the right diameter push on lens cap off eBay.

3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Stig,

try calling your local office of Panasonic direct - they sent out a replacement 14-45 lens cap to me shortly after the G1 was released.

Good luck!

Brian

4. stickan1

stickan1 Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Sweden
    Thanks for your advices. The problem is that this lens has a fixed lens hood so you can't use a standard cap. Panasonic does not deal directly with private customers so I must get my dealer to contact them. First time ever I lost a lens cap and it was this one. I have contacted the dealer!

5. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Yes, I'm aware that the 7-14 requires a different lens cap because of the design, that's why I mentioned after market push on lens cap. It's not an entirely unique design as other lenses in the past have used push on lens caps.

Still, if your dealer can get one from Panasonic directly, that would be the best. Time to consider a lens cap tether if it becomes really problematic!

• Like Like x 2