Lost lens cap for 7-14

stickan1

Mu-43 Regular
Hi
Yesterday I somehow lost the front lens cap for my panasonic 7-14/4. I have been trying to find a spare, but without success. Any ideas where I can find one?

Stig

everythingsablur

Mu-43 Veteran
If you aren't dead set on it being an official Lumix branded lens cap, you could always try to find the right diameter push on lens cap off eBay.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hi Stig,

try calling your local office of Panasonic direct - they sent out a replacement 14-45 lens cap to me shortly after the G1 was released.

Good luck!

Brian

stickan1

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for your advices. The problem is that this lens has a fixed lens hood so you can't use a standard cap. Panasonic does not deal directly with private customers so I must get my dealer to contact them. First time ever I lost a lens cap and it was this one. I have contacted the dealer!

everythingsablur

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks for your advices. The problem is that this lens has a fixed lens hood so you can't use a standard cap. Panasonic does not deal directly with private customers so I must get my dealer to contact them. First time ever I lost a lens cap and it was this one. I have contacted the dealer!
Yes, I'm aware that the 7-14 requires a different lens cap because of the design, that's why I mentioned after market push on lens cap. It's not an entirely unique design as other lenses in the past have used push on lens caps.

Still, if your dealer can get one from Panasonic directly, that would be the best. Time to consider a lens cap tether if it becomes really problematic!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom