Lost in Florence

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Alf, May 8, 2011.

1. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany

Meanwhile, someone is now very happy

And someone has a dream job

All, here

The set is here
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Alf.. there is no such thing as being lost in Florence :).

I was married there in 1997 ( the Salon Rosa in the Medici stronghold, Palazza Vecchio) and although many times my new wife and I felt as though we didn't exactly know where we were we never felt lost, always in the moment and feeling great about it. An incredible lightness of being.
  3. QualityBuiltIn

QualityBuiltIn Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    how to never be lost

My kids sometimes ask when I'm getting my bearings if we're lost. I always reply, "of course we're not lost - we're right Here."

Florence is beautiful, the public art is amazing, the shopping is amazing (I'm a married man - it takes a lot to make me like shops), the architecture is jaw dropping and the landscape in which it's all set is magnificent. The there's the food, the coffee, the wine and the whole Italian dolce vita.

Only blot on the landscape is the masses of tourists in organised groups. As an adult I refuse to wear a name badge.

A few years ago my wife and I stayed in a small hotel with the most beautifully painted ceiling. One of those little places where there's no-one on the desk overnight. We literally had to break out (the front door was locked, bolted & barred) at 7:00am on departure day to catch our train back to Pisa.
  4. Viva La Vita Florentina...

We spent 3 weeks last year there. Rented an apt right in town. Life was wonderful. We hosted our daily travel Blog throughout the 3 weeks stay.. My hubby is a better writer than me.

It brought back memories. Thanks for sharing the images Al.
  5. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    The internal of the Specola is here