1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lost Cables

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by vsiddhartha, Apr 25, 2011.

1. vsiddhartha

vsiddhartha Mu-43 Regular

Mar 24, 2011
    New Jersey
    During a recent feverish bout of spring cleaning, my wife and I inadvertently placed the "camera > RCA AV" and "camera > computer USB" cables for our brand new G2 in the box for Salvation Army donations, and they are LONG gone. :frown:

Any kind souls on here who have leftover cables from an old camera, or maybe duplicates from a multi-camera system they would be willing to part ways with? I would gladly compensate you for shipping.

Thanks! Josh :redface:

2. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    How often do you hook up to the TV?

Just get a card reader instead of replacing the USB cable

3. vsiddhartha

vsiddhartha Mu-43 Regular

Mar 24, 2011
    New Jersey
    I hear you, not dying to replace them. I probably won't replace them if I can't find someone with spares. I've only had the camera for a month or so and have already used the TV 3 times for showing video and slideshows to family and friends. We have an HD TV, so no issues there, but my parents have old-school tube non-HD TV, so it would be nice to use the RCA cable when we go to visit them. My laptop has a built-in card reader which I use for transferring photos. I just thought the cable would be good to have in case I ever need to update the firmware or something like that.

4. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    You update the firmware via the card also, card reader works fine

5. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Firmware via card

Oly EP1 at v1.0 and would like to update but I have no cables. I see the firmware but 'wrapped' into an installer. Is there a tutorial on how to do upate via card and where to get the firmware?

6. Howi

Howi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2011
    Sheffield
    Howard
    Nope! All Oly cameras are updated via cable and Oly software. There is no option to download to memory card.
    Another positive to panasonic, negative to Oly. You would have thought they would have learned by now.....
    Same for the menu system, I get the impression, that neither makers really listen to feedback from these forums. Pity really, but they obviously think they know what they are doing.......